Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

jonjonaug posted:

EDIT: Also Kamen Rider Gaim will be continuing. We're 20 episodes in and so far the series just keeps getting better and better. You should check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

And Ressha Sentai ToQGer, the new Super Sentai series started a couple weeks ago, if you're more curious about tokusatsu. It had a robot use a trainboner to break out of a coffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm gonna be watching:

Jojo: It's loving Jojo.

Soul Eater NOT: Zorak mentioned on Anime Dissection that this might be good for people who enjoyed the setting of Soul Eater. Yo, setting of Soul Eater loving ROCKS let's slice some life with weapon buddies!

Ping Pong: Now that Tatami Galaxy is on my top 5 list, I think I'm obliged to watch Yuasa now.

That's it! Nothing else is really that interesting to me!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At least in the live action ImoCho she's not a little girl? v:shobon:v I mean, it's still gonna be poo poo, but it's restraint and I respect that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Watch them go full Inferno Cop on it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Durarara! is getting another anime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Instant watch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Franz von Dada posted:

Will Anno provide his own voice for it?

I hope so. It was actually really interesting to hear him in The Wind Rises. It was a unique performance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dehry posted:

The first manga chapter of Inou Battle (the next anime Trigger is doing) was translated a couple days ago.
It's not licensed and the scan comes from a free preview on a Japanese news site, so I assume this is fine to post.

http://imgur.com/a/0XbUA

I'll give it a chance if one of the streaming companies pick it up.

I'm not so concerned anymore :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Found a camrip of a Fate PV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVFKUS4c23o

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-24/fate/stay-night-anime-remake-cast-staff-revealed

The cast and staff of the new Fate/Stay Night anime have been announced. The voice actors are the same as they always were, so that's not interesting. Takahiro Miura is directing and Atsushi Ikariya, Tomonori Sudou, and Hisayuki Tabata are on character design. Still no word on what exactly the story will entail.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 26, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My bad. ANN cited it in a confusing way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey Gainax, how you doing? I see you got a new key visual for Magica Wars out. Let's see it.

Oh, okay. I'll leave you to that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

According to Wikipedia, he resigned from Gainax in 07.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like how the facial expression of the girl in center is completely unnatural. I didn't know an anime could be a bad actor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Studio Trigger is in some way working on the upcoming anime adaptation of Ninja Slayer: Karate Pistol Fist Suicide, which is a light novel series written by "Bradley Bond and Philip Ninj@ Morzez" that's a Japanese take on the American take on Japanese sci-fi and martial arts.

Wow, that actually sounds cool. Like a Platinum game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One of the only high school series I would be super happy to see is one set in the Hero Academy from that one episode of Tiger & Bunny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Redcrimson posted:

Hopefully starring the super-sweating-power guy.

Speaking of spin-offs, Soul Eater Not sure is a Soul Eater thing. That somehow manages to have more yuri undertones than the actual yuri anime of the season. Also, for some reason taking the old cast out of the original artstyle lands them right in the uncanny valley for me.

Oh, that's out. Doesn't seem to be subbed yet, though. I'm surprised Funimation didn't pick it up, considering they licensed the original. But yeah, I actually really like a lot of the concepts Soul Eater presented, so I'm open to world building.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Clarste posted:

Funimation is simulcasting it on their website. The sub came out about 8 hours ago.

Oh, okay.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Did you like Neptunia, but didn't think it was quite Sega enough? Sega Hard Girls has you covered! Featuring character designs by the man behind Miku!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zorak posted:

Marvel Disk Wars episode 2 is somewhat less badly animated than episode 1, but is somehow filled with even more idiotic logic. It is still entertaining in completely awful it is.

And I just made a thread so we can discuss how stupid it is, because this is something special.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, and I watched Soul Eater Not today. As a Soul Eater fan, it's actually pretty okay. If anything, it can be the nice worldbuilding Silmarillion to Soul Eater's Lord of the Rings, only with schoolgirls who might be into each other.

Also one of the main characters is named Meme and that makes me giggle. It's pronounced Meh meh, but still.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Brb going to Japan to audition.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Add everything by Gonzo except for Gankutsuou, and all marvel anime and we'll have enough material for years.

We're already doing that every week with Disk Wars.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Namtab posted:

I'm gonna ride this trainwreck all the way down to anime hell.

This is exactly how I feel about Disk Wars.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zorak posted:

There is pretty funny about how the "boring yet perfect self insertion fantasy" protagonist who is still in high school & is surrounded by high school women who fantasize over him is so ubiquitous when the audience the works target are all basically graduated nerds who, theoretically, have jobs and, again theoretically, their own personal lives.

That's a reeeeeal big theoretically.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Soul Eater Not is trying pretty hard to be a boring slice of life that I wouldn't give the time of day, but fortunately it's failing. At least for me, the combination of still being noticeably Soul Eater and the plotlines they're introducing providing just enough intrigue have contributed to it passing the three-episode test for now. Might make a thread on it later.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blhue posted:

I just noticed that Crunchy did a mid-season pickup for Future Card Buddyfight. I had seen that name come up in prior season threads, but had always assumed it was a sarcastic nickname of some other card battling anime, because there's no way there could be a name that dumb and generic.

Apparently it's gloriously stupid. For example, they had the singers of the Japanese OP sing the English OP. It sounds exactly how you think it would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ha8_FgYs0

I repeat, this is the opening to the ENGLISH version.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Franz von Dada posted:

Any recommendations?

Journey to the West. It's like a 90s anime except with words.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Some of them (the May 2005 entry) posted on and/or were involved with 4chan, but moot himself at least was never banned. A couple of the posters in question have their own SAclopedia entries with further backstory, if you care to know. I barely remember any of it if I'm honest.

Seeing the most recent entry, I wasn't aware that the acronym of ADTRW had changed. I thought we just used it as a name unto itself.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Seeing all the historical figures was kinda fun, but the show bored me by like the third or fourth episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I made a thread for Soul Eater Not.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ShadowMoo posted:

Is there anything out lately in the same vein as DWMA/Soul Eater?

There's Soul Eater Not, though it's a different genre.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This cow ain't dry! Keep milking! This is all we have until Persona 5!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Trigger is asking Twitter where girls hang out in England. The jokes are easy to make, but it's very likely that it's Little Witch Academia 2 research.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Autonomous Monster posted:

This is just... :cripes:

Where is P5, anyway?

It exists and it's going to be on the PS3. That's all we know. Also that the dominant color scheme seems to be red.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Great Rumbler posted:

Slayers, but not Record of Lodoss War?

Record of Lodoss War is how you want your D&D session to go.

Slayers is how it actually goes.

Edit: Also, my love for Slayers is actually not nostalgia because I didn't watch it until about 5 years ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I Tried To Make A Charisma Save With The Student Council President But I Got A Natural 1!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skiiVJ1M8Ns

New PV for Fate/Stay Night.

Looks fuckin' sweet. gently caress, I dunno WHAT route it looks like.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 8, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Doraemon is getting a dub on Disney XD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They should have Jean Reno play Doraemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGFemrtv7-M

• Locked thread