Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I generally don't care about mecha anime, but I feel like this series has the "real robot" thing nailed down (hopefully it doesn't turn out like FMP and throw it out of the window mid-season)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Zorak posted:

04/04 Insufficient Direction (Kantoku Fuyuki Todoki)
DLE adaptation of the manga by Moyoco Anno, wife of Hideaki Anno (Evangelion, Gunbuster, dressing up as Ultraman, etc), about her daily life with the "founder of the otaku cult" and their lifestyle. It's a humorous daily life type thing, as far as I can tell. It's being directed by Azuma Tani (that Narlyethotep moe anime, Thermae Romae). And for everyone wondering: no, Anno isn't voice acting himself, Yamadera Kouchi is doing him (Tienshinhan, Togusa, Spike Spiegel, etc).

We should totally simulwatch NGE while this thing is airing.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Hey first episode testers, the reason I liked Madoka was less because of all the grimdark moe, and more for the trippy Zetsubo Sensei OP battles, should I even bother watching weak-sauceWIXOSS?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Studio Trigger is in some way working on the upcoming anime adaptation of Ninja Slayer: Karate Pistol Fist Suicide, which is a light novel series written by "Bradley Bond and Philip Ninj@ Morzez" that's a Japanese take on the American take on Japanese sci-fi and martial arts.

Holy poo poo this is amazing! Trigger please keep saving anime.

Also, that amnesia thing on One Week Friends is just too oddly specific. I can understand having a short-term memory moving window of one week, but having it reset every Monday and only affecting your memories of friends is so contrived that it's impossible to take it seriously.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I am just watching JoJo this season. I am tired of playing cat and mouse with lovely anime that might not be poo poo let me watch another episode or wait it was poo poo after all gently caress it. It was probably Space Dandy that turned me off with how underwhelming it was, or finding joy again in western animation (Adventure Time, Rick and Morty), but last season I decided that anime is not really for me, unless it does something cool that western studios don't really touch like JoJo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I think that the biggest factor for someone ending up loving or hating Endless 8 was whether he watched all of it in one go long after it had aired, or had to wait for two entire months for anything to happen.

• Locked thread