Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

All our fears realized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

darkgray posted:

A couple of summer trailers.

Glass Lip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjHPAEnUiqw

This looks pretty chill

This is yaoi (not that there's anything wrong with that).

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

madmac posted:

I'm not sure I'm ready for another show about world conquest already.

Yeah, Nike is a pretty cool heroine and the world building is fairly interesting, and the humor feels really awkward and out of place a lot of times. Who does fourth wall breaking in a semi-serious fantasy series? Not to mention her little island country apparently being on the cutting edge of modern swimsuit design. It's so weird.

It's the only thing so far this season (Except Jojo obviously) I've enjoyed yet so it's on the list for now.

Yeah, I don't know what was up with that. I read a few chapters of the manga but what was in the show wasn't exactly in the manga.

madmac posted:

Couldn't get through more then 10 minutes of the awful LN magic academy show. "You're the most perfect person who ever lived, Oni-chaaaaaaan" is one of the most aggravating characters I've ever tried to sit through.

I believe she said "onii-sama," which is way worse.

madmac posted:

I don't really do detective shows, or card game shows, so things are looking pretty bleak. (I liked Gosick, but calling it a mystery show is an undeserved compliment.) Let me go grind through some more LN adaptions and reverse harem shows, those are always promising. Or the Korean MMO trainwreck, maybe.

How do you feel about sports shows? Crunchyroll will be streaming Matsutaro, Baby Steps, and Haikyu. Looking forward to all of them myself

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Zorak posted:

Isn't the source material shoujo? Are they moving the audience or something with the adaptation?

The first episode was almost all original, since the first chapter starts more or less where the first episode ended. I guess they wanted something a little more action to start off.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

ViggyNash posted:

Maybe his gimmick is that he's able to develop that muscle memory really quickly in the same way he quickly understands and organizes things he learns in school: through sheer concentrated effort.

There's more to it than that, but I don't know much about tennis. Just watch (or read if you're into it).

Sperging about things you care about is pretty much the internet, so don't worry about it.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

ViggyNash posted:

So it is a player analysis then. Still absurdly superfluously detailed, but yea its his thing. Obsessive documentation is his shounen superpower.

He also has (mild spoilers, guessing it shows up in an episode or two) incredible vision and reaction time

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Don't need to watch the first season, just watch the awesome first ep of season 2. No prior knowledge needed.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Coffin Princess has a lot of things that should annoy me but it's done so well that I'm into it. I think it was the unicorn.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

so that oregairu show (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) whatever you want to call it is getting a second season. i enjoyed the first season so this is kind of neat.

Oh, nice. I enjoyed it, too. I thought I read that the first season was vol 1-6 and there's only 9 volumes so far, so I hope they don't try to stretch it too thin.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

I'm enjoying this season way more than Winter

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

I always thought they did high school settings so they could just everyone in the same two outfits and the ease of setting up storylines.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Well, I'm sold.

Yeah basically everything that implies. Indiana Jones but with high schoolers, a crossdressing maid, a super detective, and some fan service. Well, I guess Indy had some fanservice.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

I think everybody liked it, even if most people had another show they enjoyed more

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Actually, at many points, I would say that the dub is funnier to me than the original. I think it's just that the style of humor PSG goes for is one best appreciated in one's own language. Most of the comedy in the Japanese track is listening to Japanese women curse in English.

Half the reason I watch subs is just so I can hear Japanese VAs butcher gratuitous English. Also, just to be honest, Japanese women cursing in English is the funniest thing of all time. I'm looking at you, Graisaia no Kajitsu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

There's also Nanana's Buried Treasure of you want to watch Anime High School Indiana Jones

• Locked thread