Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Is it just because we really really really don't want to be /a/ or something? I mean, that's retarded, but at least it kind of makes sense.

Exactly. It's a wonder that ADTRW has managed to stay open this long, considering some people's opinions on anime in general, so we try really hard to not be one of "those guys." Posters rush to see who can be most outraged at something, until enough people are heard and it turns out that we're okay with it.

It's better this way than the opposite, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Don't read books, go watch some books instead.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Yeah, even if it's not at #1 on anybody's list, the fact that a bunch of people put it in their top 5's means that it's popular regardless of personal tastes.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

aers posted:

Atlus just announced a Persona 4 Golden anime TV series for Summer.

All of my what.

Whaaaat. Wasn't that what the anime was in the first place? A promotion for the game??

What are they gonna do, insert scenes with Marie and keep everything else the same?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

pandaK posted:

The only D&D anime I acknowledge is Slayers

What's the full story on that, anyway? I hear it thrown around, but googling it never gives me a concrete answer.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

:confuoot: I guess it's whimsical enough. Isn't it a bit odd to bring over a 40-year-old series, though? Are they gonna start from the beginning?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I was going to say, what could possibly be censored from Doraemon? But I guess there's some stuff that's too :anime: for the US.

Unless pirated copies were just splicing in clips from Audition every couple of episodes???

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

uuuummm posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to say this, but a Kill la Kill dub is being premiered at Anime Expo in July.
Dubs aren't usually released this fast, are they?
I personally thought the VAs were the best part of the series but whatever.

RIP nani sore 2013-2014

But really, Satsuki, Gamagoori, Mako, basically everyone was perfect in the original. I don't know who could follow that up.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I'll be surprised if it sells at all, considering that Aniplex is gonna jack up the prices to Japanese levels. Dammit Aniplex, I just want to own Madoka! No, a bumper sticker does not justify spending $120 bucks on four episodes.

e: I'm still surprised that Madoka never ran on Toonami. I guess Toonami depends too much on people who are channel surfing and can't afford to air a show that most people wouldn't even look at.

HellCopter fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 15, 2014

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
That's still 10 bucks an episode, costing $120+ for the season. Somehow Funimation gets off selling 13 episodes for $40, with bonus features.

But this is a problem that's already been discussed. Is anybody watching Attack on Titan on Toonami? I gave up at about episode 8 when it just got too dumb for me, but maybe I should give it another go. How's that dub so far?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Luckily Squid Girl is funny despite horrible puns, not because of them. If I had to watch the dub I'd probably go deaf.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
As much as I love Hyouka, it hurts me deep when the big reveal is a 3rd-grade level pun.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
GG did their famous "authentic british" sub of Jojo, even when the story ended up in America. When everybody is subbing the show, who cares.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

https://twitter.com/stella_c3bu/statuses/472617254694424576
Apparently there's going to be some C3-bu announcement soon?
Seeing as the anime sold so badly the manga was cancelled I've got no idea what the gently caress they could have to announce.

I only got interested in that show when images were made with quotes from Spec Ops: The Line. If the new material is as outright stupid as the original, I'm all for it.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I freely admit that my love of modern art is totally pretentious and up my own rear end, but I loving loved Endless 8 as a concept. Just the fact that a studio would air that on TV. You'd think there'd be riots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

madmac posted:

I first watched it long after it aired and I think that did have an effect in making me appreciate it more, but on the other hand between Endless Eight and the rest of the season mostly being some added bullshit about the video from the first season I came away feeling like Season 2 was just a complete waste of time. I haven't touched anything Haruhi related since.

That's a shame, Disappearance was a great movie. It's what people were expecting Season 2 to be about.

I watched all of Endless 8 in one sitting while suffering from a terrible fever, so I didn't mind.

• Locked thread