Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kyubeybryant
Jan 4, 2013
Thanks for doing these summaries as always, the podcast was also fun to listen to.

Some minor comments, Soul Eater Not! is definitely a lighthearted comedy, but based on the manga it will include maybe more than a few fighting scenes against actual antagonists so you shouldn't lose hope for beautifully choreographed fights yet. Also, I checked out the first chapter of Inugami and Nekoyama and they're already making out on the 5th page soooooo even if it isn't directed at guys it's very clearly heavy fanservice either way?

No Game No Life could end up being both very good and very bad, on one hand the rules and setting are relatively deep and well-constructed for yet another video game becomes real show, but on the other hand it has incest on the cover and disturbing use of mind control before the first chapter even finishes. At best I could only see this being similar to bakemonogatari, it might be good overall but the skeevy parts will just make it impossible to recommend to most people.

On a lighter note Jojo looks super rad. Ping Pong is one of my favorite manga, I think they waited so long because they wanted be sure they could get Yuasa on the project. It really is perfect for his style:

BUTTERFLY JOE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread