Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

ViggyNash posted:

More info and a visual about that random mecha thing that popped up earlier.

That image CR uses doesn't inspire much in me, but the one ANN has certainly does:

:suspense:

Great Rumbler fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Zorak posted:

Romaine mentions that kawamori is still tweaking the mechanical design, whiiich is not a good thing when its probably airing in less than a month.

Probably also means that they won't appear until later in the series. Unless they're REALLY behind on finishing them.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Franz von Dada posted:

So wait, these couple feature length films and the 110 episode long OVA series I'm currently working myself through, DOESN'T cover up the whole story and there's still room for more?

Man, those books must be huge as gently caress.

Well, first of all there's 10 books in the main series and 4 books that serve as prequels...

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

ViggyNash posted:

I didn't notice Kanno was on this, but it's not too surprising since she did both Bebop and Kids on the Slope with him.

And Space Dandy, Macross Plus, and Watanabe's short from Genius Party [Baby Blue].

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Every time they panned over backgrounds, I got a little more interested. Every time they showed us generic ANIME HIGHSCHOOLERS, I got significantly less. Hopefully the ratio of these things in the show is better than that in the trailer.

It's being billed as an "ensemble drama", so yeah...

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

I do, yeah, and I'm so glad that more of it is finally coming out.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

unpronounceable posted:

It's a joke. They don't have a show page up for it, which they always do for their other announcements.

I don't disagree that it's likely a joke, but a lot of times they don't have a page set up for shows that they only just announced. Sometimes it takes a few days.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
April 1st is long over and the announcement is still completely unchanged, so I think it's safe to say at this point that it's an actual real announcement and the joke is that they chose April 1st for an announcement this big.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Okay, it's for real now:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure

quote:

Not only will be be streaming the latest series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, but we'll also have the first season up as well!

Both will be available starting on Friday, April 4, at 9:30am Pacific Time, 1 hour after Japanese broadcast, and will be available for Crunchyroll members WORLDWIDE ex Japan!

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

aers posted:

Disk Wars is Toei's ugliest show in a long time which is funny since they specialize in ugly.

Hey now, Kyousougiga was a really good looking show.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Paracelsus posted:

Yup, seems like another procedurally-generated anime script.

It's worth noting that Blade and Soul is based on a Korean MMO. So, yeah...

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Rexides posted:

Also, that amnesia thing on One Week Friends is just too oddly specific. I can understand having a short-term memory moving window of one week, but having it reset every Monday and only affecting your memories of friends is so contrived that it's impossible to take it seriously.

Well, that and the fact that it's basically the plot of an Adam Sandler movie.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

The Devil Tesla posted:

:barf::barf::barf:Avoid Black Bullet:barf::barf::barf: It's bad in general and then it gets to the pedo stuff. Fans of Zeveda last season can now say "at least our show isn't as gross as Black Bullet".

Along with also being a pretty good show in its own right, Zvezda was actually pretty low in objectionable content.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

darkgray posted:

Before anyone gets their hopes up about Gokukoku no Brynhildr, this is a public service announcement to say that the mangaka's previous work Nononono contains stuff that's highly disturbing. No idea how this new one will turn out, but you have been warned.

Edit: Realized that the linked stuff may be way too inappropriate.

Looked up that manga to see how bad it was and I was actually surprised by how good the first 15 chapters or so were. Then...really super-creepy attempted rape out of nowhere that served no purpose. And as an added bonus, it was also incredibly homophobic.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

ViggyNash posted:

Chaika The Coffin Princess owned. Great characters, plenty of intrigue, neat designs, and it's pretty well animated.

I'm still miffed that this isn't Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, because I really like that manga.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Elfen Lied is basically the hospital escape scene from Akira, but with Tetsuo replaced with Chi from Chobits. Except actually worse than that description makes it sound like.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

ViggyNash posted:

So CR finally started adding the first season of Fairy Tail, but just like Hulu they don't have episodes 13-48, and Funimations upload on Youtube only covers up to 12 as well. What's with episodes 13-48 not existing anywhere except on Funimation's site which only seems to have the dub for those?

CR is going to add those episodes, just not right away.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Freakazoid_ posted:

How often do anime artists, directors and such cross over into western animation? Also vice versa?

A lot of American animation is actually animated in Japan, or at least it used to be [I think a lot of it is done in South Korea now]. As far as high level production, though, there's stuff like the Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knights which paired Japanese directors/animators with American writers.

And there were a couple of episodes of the French animated series Wakfu that were made in Japan, one of which featured character designs by Yuasa:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-26/wakfu-english-dub-kickstarter-adds-2-japanese-animated-episodes

As for the other way around, Thomas Romain and Bahi JD are doing some really nice things with Space Dandy.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Wow, that is a very unfortunate design for the girls' magical...uh...device.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

pandaK posted:

The only D&D anime I acknowledge is Slayers

Slayers, but not Record of Lodoss War?

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Nate RFB posted:

It was a super-90s fantasy/comedy that a lot of people grew up with. As a result a lot of people (myself included) have heaps of nostalgia for it. The first season hasn't aged all that well but NEXT and TRY are still pretty solid romps.

Best Slayers is Lina+Naga, as seen in the Excellent OVAs and Special OVAs.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
The new Sailor Moon series will be streaming on Crunchyroll:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-24/crunchyroll-to-also-stream-sailor-moon-crystal/.74884

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

unpronounceable posted:

One of my favourite shows was a LN adaptation, Kino's Journey.

Pacing wasn't really an issue there since it was all episodic and out of order anyway. By the way, the most recent issue [volume 17] just came out October of last year, too bad Tokyopop decided to drop the series after releasing just one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
An anime version of a manga about an office lady married to an otaku got greenlit:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-05/4-panel-manga-i-cant-understand-what-my-husband-is-saying-gets-anime/.75236

It's an anime about married people. And it's called "I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying." So, yeah, I think I can get on board with that.

• Locked thread