Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dehry posted:

https://www.kdrama.com/en/signup_crunchyroll

Apparently if you are a premium crunchyroll user you can get into a Korean Drama site beta right now. Not anime, but probably worth mentioning since lots of you probably have a subscription already.

...yeah, I can sorta see why they would branch out to there, it makes sense. I presume they're going to dump their current drama lineup there and make Crunchyroll 100% drawn.

[Edit] And lo, they flat out give me a 403, site not available in the region.

In other news, last call for the Mai Mai Miracle kickstarter. You've got 38 hours left to put your money down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

https://twitter.com/evageeks/status/445322308732092417
New short slice-of-life anime announced about the daily life of Hideaki Anno, based on a manga written by his wife. At least I'm assuming it's SoL.

Huh, interesting. Not the sort of thing that I would have expected to get picked up for an adaptation, but still.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
First pickups for this season: Aniplex US to serve international streaming duty for Mushishi, Irregular at Magic, Mekaku City Actors and Nanana's Buried Treasure.

Guess that's going to be the lineup for Animax UK, short of All the Anime doing some licensing. :sigh:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Demicol posted:

For anyone else looking forward to Knights of Sidonia there's a couple commercials up on youtube with new footage:

Do note that this has already been picked up for Western streaming by Netflix of all companies. As per usual with Netflix, it's going to be a "release everything at once" type job, and they're going to dub it beforehand, too. Expect to be waiting until the summer for that.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
It's April 1st, so take this with some salt, but Crunchyroll may have landed rights to JoJo.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Zorak posted:

So Ping Pong the Animation turned out to be fantastic. It is an absolute treat to watch. As a sign of how cool it is, it has two Chinese characters with native Chinese voice actors speaking in natural Mandarin basically the entire episode and that is dope as hell.

And nobody has announced that they picked it up for the UK yet, which is really annoying considering the UK was explicitly excluded from the Crunchyroll listing. Someone has it, but they haven't started streaming it yet.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

ultimatemegax posted:

Funimation will often pick up all English speaking territory rights for a show and sublicense the UK rights to someone in the UK. Right now it just appears like they're sitting on them and the UK gets to suffer from their greed.

Manga UK has a deal where they're the UK sublicensor by default for all Funimation licences. But yeah, they don't do simulcasting, which means we're out in the cold. With that said, Animax did pick up Soul Eater Not, another Funimation pick up, so who knows. :shrug:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Nate RFB posted:

I can't emphasize enough how much of a Big Deal actually having new Mushishi is to me. Like, I'd take an entire year of bad/mediocre shows if it meant more Mushishi.

Did anyone mention that it's a split-cour deal and that there's going to be one final batch of Mushishi episodes in the fall yet?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Chas McGill posted:

In better news, apparently the new Yoshiura film, Patema Inverted, is being released on DVD tomorrow in Japan. Apparently it's been licensed for other countries as well, but I can't see anything concrete about that. I'm pissed that I didn't get to see it in the cinema last year.

I do know that All the Anime has picked up that licence for the UK market ages ago, and had been touring it around cinemas across the Home Nations for quite a few months now. I actually wouldn't be too surprised if they release it in the next couple of months.

[Edit] Nope, they're still touring. UK release Q4 this year.

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 24, 2014

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Chas McGill posted:

Fuckssake. I really should've gone down to see the Edinburgh one.

Considering All The Anime also organises Scotland Loves Anime in the autumn, I'll be genuinely surprised if it doesn't get another showing in either Glasgow or Edinburgh before release.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
To change the topic entirely, All the Anime is getting their Kickstarter boots on, for a all-the-marbles-and-fireworks edition of Patema Inverted. By which, I mean they're planning on translating the Official Design Works, all the extras from the Japanese collector's edition and filming a couple more bits and pieces on top of that. Yours for the low price of £40, with a fiver off for the first 300 customers.

The catch: this is going to be an entirely UK and Ireland affair, anyone else will be told to go away due to the joys of licensing.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

S-Alpha posted:

If you hover over the ADTRW in the main forum page, you'll see the text has changed from "Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse". So pretty official, I'd say.

As I understand it, it was posted in the QCS Suggestion Box and everyone thought it was a good idea, so some mod changed the hover text. I don't know if it's Zorak approved, but considering all references to Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse has been removed from the ADTRWiki, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

And on that note, apparently Devil Is A Part Timer was ADTRW's pick of last year. :wtc:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

It wasn't my favourite, but it was quite good.

Yeah, I thought it was good too, but not best of the year. I'm genuinely surprised it beat JoJo.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Is there any way I can talk to you in private without buying PMs?

He's got an e-mail address listed in his forum profile.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
In terms of fanservice quantity, the Atelier games generally never really moved the needle. I'd compare the fanservice in Totori and Meruru to Persona 4 Golden, and more recent games in that series dialed the fanservice further down. It's very much a franchise that's utterly undeserving of its "fanservicy" rep.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
In other news, I nabbed a early bird seat on the Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition Kickstarter. :toot:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

The Devil Tesla posted:

While most of them are confused, I've seen some people who are legit upset. I think they feel like they're being forced to watch it, or something?

I could kinda see people getting upset if they were looking for some Persona 5 footage, or irrational fears that this example of :retrogames: would sink Atlus. :v:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

wielder posted:

I'm a little disappointed that this Kickstarter is apparently limited to the UK.

There's a couple of European countries able to join in (Republic of Ireland, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and of course the UK), but yeah, it's All The Anime exploiting their previously gotten licence, and I understand GKids already nabbed US rights to that film. Hence, American money not accepted.

I should link to this thing I'm talking about, shouldn't I? Here's said kickstarter, there's about 60 slots in the early bird Ultimate Edition tier as of posting, and they're already at £14k of a target of £16k and it launched a little over two and a half hours ago.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
And Patema Inverted's kickstarter is across the line! £16k in a little under six hours 15 minutes.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Namtab posted:

Who the hell watches dubs in the year 2014?

The one and a half million or so that watches Toonami?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Meanwhile in the UK, All the Anime has picked up Wings of Honneamise. So, standard All the Anime acquisition.

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 22, 2014

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

a kitten posted:

I didn't even know it was in any sort of licensing limbo, but K-On has been picked up by Sentai for DVD and streaming.
Specifically, season 1, which was one of Bandai's last releases before they wound up US operations.

Talking about Patema Inverted, friendly reminder that if you're in the UK, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and Monaco, you can Kickstart an Ultimate Edition of the film for £35. It includes a lot of bells and whistles, including a localised version of the Official Design Works, which is pretty cool. You can also put your money down for an early copy at a fairly significant discount, too.

Alternatively, All the Anime is showing it in a bunch of cinemas in the UK (mainly Scotland).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Redcrimson posted:

Wasn't Hyouka just a regular run-of-the-mill novel?

AFAIK, the first volume was on a light novel label and subsequent volumes were promoted to a regular novel publisher.

Plus it was KyoAni, they are the kings of disregarding large quantities of the story and doing their own thing instead.

• Locked thread