Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zorak posted:

03/01 Young Animators Training Project - Anime Mirai 2014
The 2014 edition of the Japanese Government's thing where they pay animators to produce some artsy and interesting / unique anime. There's usually some really interesting shorts out of these. Hopefully they'll end up on DVD/BD soon. Trailer.
Will these end up online at some point? I know Little Witch Academia was on Crunchyroll but I don't know if that was a special case or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

genki posted:

Bah, when are they going to make another season of Skip Beat. :(
I enjoyed most of Skip Beat until the last story arc that felt like the fun was starting to deflate from the balloon. They probably ducked out at a good time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Trigger should just go to Kickstarter for all their series instead of the traditional model. Then we can get more stuff like Inferno Cop :getin:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Strange Quark posted:

I don't normally read shoujo romance manga, but from what I've seen, a lot of them have at least one attempted rape scene (usually used as a plot device for the boyfriend to save the day or whatever). Even something as tame as Ouran High School Host Club has a scene explicitly referencing rape.
I know that My Little Monster has multiple scenes where the boyfriend pulls the girlfriend into an alley, covers her mouth and threatens to rape her and then just inexplicably drops it. The actual series itself is so benign in content that it really stuck out there as weird.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Eeevil posted:

I don't think it's that unreasonable to be made uncomfortable by a show joking about rape, however the scene turned out.
I think that regardless of where people stand on it (and it's pretty obvious where I stand on it), the fact remains that it was extremely random and out of place. The show is light fluff. Imagine if Tonari no Seki-kun had a scene like that, it would be just as weird. It definitely happened more than once, though, but bear in mind I'm referring to the anime. The manga may be different.

e: I don't think he said the same line both times but he definitely yoinked her into an alley and covered her mouth in multiple scenes. It was just as odd and out of place the second time.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 7, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zorak posted:

Watch only good things you like. Assuming there will be an above average amount of good anime or even watching dreck in the hopes it'll be good is kind of silly! Your time is precious, why bother?
A lot of reviews this season seem to be "As long as you strip out the [EXTREMELY HORRIBLE poo poo], it's not 100% terrible! Maybe like 89% terrible! Heck it's almost maybe watchable!" Just catch up on old stuff instead, Japan has now made one billion cartoons so surely there's one enjoyable show out there that slipped through the cracks. At least one. Maybe not more than one. You know what just watch the first season of Big O again. Or Level E, or Lupin III which is on Hulu. That's my plan.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

is this the part of the season thread where we moan about how bad everything is? It's like clockwork I swear
No tell us more about how this food is still good as long as you scrape the mold, dog poo poo and phlegm off it. I don't disagree that there aren't likely a couple of good shows in this batch like ping pong, but people aren't talking about ping pong, they're talking about "you know this anime was PRETTY gonnaputpeopleinjailforwatchingit, but if you just cover your eyes during those parts the rest is pretty mediocre, I figure I'll watch at least all of it".

For the life of me I just wont and will never get it. Just watch the good poo poo. People you dont have to watch every show, the hurdles I'm reading are ridiculous.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

American teens just watch adult programming and teen wolf. They'd rather watch Archer than a "Cartoon 4 Teenz".

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Devil Tesla posted:

"Trap" is loving horrifying, as words go. Trans women face high rates of violence, homelessness, and suicide, and one of the contributing factors is that many people think they are playing some kind of trick on them by just existing. There are cases where people have gotten leniency for murdering trans women by saying they were driven temporarily insane by discovering their trans status.
Yeah it's not SJW to say that this is a bad slur because it's at the heart of what transphobia is about.

Everyone should stop watching everything except for Ping Pong and Seki-kun, i've decreed it, it's now law

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Okay you can watch those also, but only if you watch the other two. i've informed the anime police and they have added them to their whitelist.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm just gonna say I appreciate when people point out this poo poo because unlike ADTRW I don't feel the systematic need to watch every episode of every Japanese animated cartoon that's ever been made in the history of the country, so it's helpful in finding stuff to watch. If it means I only watch one or two cartoons in a season, that's probably a good thing. I prefer not being unpleasantly surprised so when someone says "this series has little to no fanservice and no creepy brother/sister poo poo", that's a big factor in my decision making.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is really more like a dumber version of phi brain than indiana jones.
Is it possible to be dumber than Phi Brain?

• Locked thread