Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waffleman_ posted:

At least in the live action ImoCho she's not a little girl? v:shobon:v I mean, it's still gonna be poo poo, but it's restraint and I respect that.

Pretty sure she's supposed to be, they just can't use an actual 14 year old to play her, for obvious reasons.

darkgray posted:

(Warning - the above video may break your soul)

I though I didn't have any soul left to lose, but I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Irritated Goat posted:

a pervy mecha show. :sigh:

Hey Godannar was pretty good. This one looks poo poo though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna watch that show with Shoji Kawamori mecha designs as long as he doesn't have anything else to do with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AzraelNewtype posted:

Kawamori may be a better writer than Mari Okada, so this might not be a prudent course. Do not take this as an endorsement of Kawamori's writing.

Taking a look of the stuff she's been involved with, they run the gamut from irredeemable poo poo to some of my favourite series so it could go any way.

Then again a couple of my favourite shows also involve Kawamori as more than a mecha designer. None are from after the late 90's, obviously though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gobbledygoat posted:

Lookin forwards to all these lovely yuris.

Gonna watch all the yuri/yaoi shows, die cis scum.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No Game No Life would seem like a fun watch in a similar vein to Mondaiji-tachi from a couple of seasons ago, if I didn't know that the main characters were brother and sister.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Majin Bone might have been an okay shounen action thing but man it looks cheap, like early 2000's digital animation bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wixoss (that loving name) seems like a mix of card battle, Madoka and Utena-style 'winner gets a wish granted'. The first episode seemed okay until I realised that the guy the new friend girl wanted to use her wish to get it on with was her twin brother. :rolleyes:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I kind of liked Blade & Soul, sure it was generic but in a comforting sort of way, like a digestive biscuit. I'll probably see how it goes.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou is actually pretty amusing if you like the straight guy surrounded by a bunch of weirdos shtick, and don't mind half of the jokes revolving around the room-mates perverted nature.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 4, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mahouka might have actually been decent if it weren't for the horrible incest poo poo, cheers Japan.

Edit: Holy poo poo the mecha design in Daimidaler is almost unbelievably bad.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 6, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm just gonna assume that show is about Rowdy Roddy Piper taking up sumo wrestling and not disillusion myself by actually watching it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not really, there's some surreal post-apocalyptic looking stuff but nothing to compare to the inspired insanity of the witch barriers in Madoka yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One Week Friends was pretty cute, gonna stick with it for a while at least.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, if you thought Sakura Trick fetishised yuri stuff to a ridiculous degree, it's got nothing on Inugami-san.

Edit: I guess there was less kissing, but still managed to make it creepier.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 10, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ViggyNash posted:

I can't make heads or tails of Wixoss. It's being presented maximally grimdark, but there's not a single grimdark element about it save that one weird dream she hadin ep 1.

I'm still expecting the consequences of losing three games to be a lot worse than losing your powers but maybe not and it's just going for a weird aesthetic. The second episode kind of put me off with the battle being decided by weird card game rules instead of actual fighting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So far Broken Blade is exactly the same as the movies and is apparently only 12 episodes so is probably not going to get any further story-wise, so I don't see the point. Well, advertising the manga I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mekaku City Actors is as SHAFT-y as gently caress and the opening shot is almost exactly the same as the opening shot in the Utena movie so I am going down the rabbit hole with this one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eej posted:

I'm told that Love Live is actually pretty good because it's an idol anime that doesn't sugar coat the profession.

You're thinking of Wake Up Girls, Love Live is basically anime Glee only less gay (unfortunately).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This season is kind of breaking me because there are a lot of 'eh, this is okay' shows that aren't bad enough for me to drop them. So I might go gently caress it and drop everything apart from Jojo and Ping Pong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gobbledygoat posted:

I'm watching majestic prince instead of whatever is coming out now and it is pretty good! The fights are very very nice looking.

I'm always amused that that started out in the same season as Gargantia and Valvrave and ended up being by far the better mecha show.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazingly good at everything, has women fawning over him (including his hot sister, who to only-child Japanese nerds is like A GIRL who LIVES IN YOUR HOUSE) and yet is completely bland and personality free so you can project yourself onto him.

The real answer is: sane people don't.

Edit: Basically this for otaku:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4uuGvmAxTI

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I only watched the first episode so maybe I'm confusing him with every bland harem character ever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ulta posted:

While were discussing the finer points of Japan's obsession, could someone explain the "this teacher/authority figure looks 10 but is actually really old!" It happens here in America, with Doogy Howser but no where near the frequency. Is there a cultural thing that makes this hilarious every time in Japan or is Occrums Razor leading me to lazy writing ?

Anime isn't allowed to have any characters over 20 unless they're grizzled old veterans so they just contort themselves in knots justifying having a 17 year old lawyer.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I kind of like Brynhildr, it had Elfen Lied's bleakness and death being one minor gently caress up away, without (so far) any of its shittier aspects.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SSNeoman posted:

Right. Hey how about that Konojo ga Flag show? Is it worth watching?

It's similar to My Mental Choices from from a couple of seasons ago in that it has a lot ':rolleyes: anime' moments but I also find it far too amusing to stop watching. Also unlike that show it seems to have some sort of serious story brewing, though thus far it has had less than a minutes focus each episode.

Probably also helps that I rarely if ever watch harem shows so one every so often isn't too grating.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's by the creators of Star Driver, pretty sure there's nothing straight about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Episode 6 of Akuma no Riddle was pretty :tviv:, and here I was ribbing on it for being show about assassins where no-one died. Someone make a thread, I'm too lazy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Darth Walrus posted:

She's from a famous family. She herself is a rookie who's still having problems with the whole killing-people thing.

Also it's kind of a plot point that she's from a disgraced branch of the family because her mother didn't want her to be an assassin.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, presumably this'll be the first time the un-cut version has officially been released here. I don't think we ever got it on DVD anyway, the only release it ever saw was good old Mangle Entertainment VHS.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Odd seeing One Week Friends so high, I mean I like the show and all, but it's like the least typical anime show ever. They had a beach episode and no-one even wore a bikini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Buddy Complex may have been the dullest thing I've ever seen, boring robots and a plot that seemed to think it had 50-odd episodes to work with, instead of 12.

• Locked thread