Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

ultimatemegax posted:

Posting this so there's no mistakes in translation/hearsay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVroDBNMJLI
Newtype and Sankyo have collaborated and paid Kyoto Animation to make a short music video to promote Sankyo's upcoming "Super The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" pachinko game. They've taken the video and converted it into 707 frames spread around Japan on billboards, convenience stores, magazines, and websites. Users can upload these frames to the official website where they'll be placed in proper position for the music video (set to "Lost my music").

This is not a new anime series, movie, ova, etc. It's simply a video to promote the pachinko game.

Not sure if the above is surprising/newsworthy, I'm a little confused, but it's much like the commercial that Makoto Shinkai made for a correspondence education service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I was really hoping that this was a new movie.

Yeah, I love Shinkai and also thought it was something new that he had made because I thought the two people were red-string-destiny lovers, which wouldn't surprise me given Shinkai's stories.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Monkey Man posted:

Pretty much every anime I've seen that was based on an LN has pacing problems.

Srice posted:

And the ones that don't tend to not be a 100% accurate scene for scene adaption of the source material. There's a reason why pacing in novels is different than pacing in a tv show!

I felt like Log Horizon had both good pacing and near 100% accurate scene adaptations of the source material; the first season stopped at a logical point (end of vol. 5) and already looking forward to the second season, which may be a little tougher to pace since the next two novels occur simultaneously.

• Locked thread