Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Im in the associate role of business devo. Its the absolute bottom but I get compensated well for the industry. Cold calling vice presidents and CXOs all day and lying to their admins and operators. I came from a fundraising background so I have been used to asking people things that they don't want to do. The thing about sales is that it is not sales until the prospect says no. People get angry and yell because I am a glorified telemarketer, but scheduling and getting big name CXOs is incredibly rewarding when you get it. It is a good job for social people who were in greek life in college, etc., at least that is the case with my organization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Lyon posted:

Those of you doing B2B sales, what does your normal day look like? Is your role purely new business or do you also manage your existing accounts? If you're managing your existing accounts how often are you in touch with them?

I'm relatively new to enterprise B2B sales and trying to get my routines established so was just looking for some anecdotal stories.

The way things are set up where I am is that there is a business development side and account management side. BD is referred to as sales and once the sale is made it goes to the AM side permanently, where the account is managed for check ins, intro calls, and renewals. AMs and BDs work together but not necessarily on a regular basis.

• Locked thread