Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
Thread,

I work in inside sales and have for about two years now. Honestly, I hated my last position even though it was the best paying job I had ever had at that point ($30k + commission landed me at about $45k, at goal for the year was $48k). That job was even fairly easy, and I made goal most months as evidenced by the above. I didn't have to do any prospecting and all the leads were at least somewhat warm. Calls weren't and aren't that bad, but I psyched myself out of making them a lot. My typical pattern was to meet my revenue goal in week three or halfway through the last week of the month and spend the rest of the time making up for not meeking my productivity metrics to that point. I was spinning my wheels so I moved across country to save money and hopefully start a business a few years down the line.

I got another sales gig and it's a much better opportunity. My base is literally double what I was making before and the at goal money is about double as well. I'm not sure I'll like the work much more(the last product I sold was a great product which genuinely helped people and completing sales was also satisfying there so that should be a constant), but being that I have a much larger opportunity to make money and I have the long term goal of getting the gently caress out and starting a business in another field... how can I best set myself up to crush it here for the next two or three years?

My first thought is to just make sure I'm pounding the phones harder than I used to. I'm going to shoot for at least 115% of our productivity metrics over the course of every month, which should give me a really good chance to consistently meet goal. I'll be prospecting my own leads for the first time, which I am somewhat anxious about... I just want to make sure I do as well as I can. I'm looking over all the book reviews in this thread and I'm going over the Xerox method to see if there are any nuggets that may be salient to me but... is there anything else? My start date isn't until a month from now... how can I prepare myself to really hit the ground running here?

Fisticuffs fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread