Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
I've always wanted to move from Engineering to a more Sales Engineering or customer facing role. What books can you guys recommend? I have already picked up Spin Selling and Solution Selling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
Going through the interview process in a Sales role for the first time has me intimidated. I've done the standard googling of "Sales interview questions", but would love to hear what you guys use as some good standby's for weeding people out. I had a phone screen(which I passed) but had to think fast on my feet when asked "what do you see as the competitive landscape for <company>?", so any good questions you guys can suggest are great. The role in question is for Sales Engineer.

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
So I started an SE role and am looking to spend my yearly training stipend.... It's 1500...any suggestions for what classes/trainings to take?

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
Any of your companies moved/moving to TripActions instead of Concur for travel/hotel bookings?

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
Anyone interview for an SE role at Google? I'd love to hear what the interview process is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008

havent heard a peep posted:

if we paid you "X" (the lowest you will offer) can you layout the three things you would spend it on over your first year leading from the biggest chunk and down.

EDIT: from my first few days of training it's easy poo poo like this that fleshes out people that will strive to please the most.

So the standard answer of Housing, Food and Transportation to/from work probably doesn't fly here? What's the correct answer?

• Locked thread