Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm also interested in a B2B account executive role, specifically in enterprise software. I'm already working for the company in an marketing analysis/BI/data science type of position and was considering jumping on the sales training program that they've opened since I think I've hit a brick wall in terms of advancement here.

The program is aimed at grads with no sales experience and I have a little (summer in retail banking) plus a decent knowledge of our products and our marketing and sales approach (discounts!). Would this give me an upper hand to sail through the program or bypass it? I wouldn't mind starting over if the money is around my current, which I understand isn't a concern in this type of position? Also, how would you describe the responsibilities of account owners vs account executives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kraftwerk posted:

Any of you guys ever heard of Concur? I hear they're hurting for staff to expand their marketshare. I've been ahead of the game on this and know that Concur seems like a pretty great system to have in most organizations that want to move away from the usual excel spreadsheet expense management system. Would probably be a little tough to convince some of the smaller and more old school firms to go with it but I see a lot of growth potential here if I get in now. I also think it's neat how it is a part of the SAP umbrella and I think streamlining something like expense management with your ERP is a great idea and can go a long way to improving a business and saving time.

I personally would love to have Concur so I don't have to collect easy to lose receipts and scan them all from a photocopier to send to accounting.

Any thoughts?
We're using Concur and while it does have some weird quirks (can't have a comma in the comment field!), expense tracking does work pretty well, as does the integration with ERP. I don't have any experience with the competition (other than old-school SAP) but it got to be a pretty good deal for anyone stuck with emailing excel files around and what not. We still have to submit paper receipts but that's just a policy issue obviously.

I don't have PM, but you can email me at mobby.6kl at gmail if you want to talk in a bit more detail.

• Locked thread