Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lando2
Jan 16, 2010

Turns out just hunks
I'm wondering if anyone can elaborate on Car Sales (Krono99). It's something I've always had an interest in but I don't know the ins and outs of which dealerships to apply to, used or new or combination. Should I start on commission right away or look for a salary + commission?

A local place I applied to by an airport basically wants me to work for them immediately. I originally saw their ad on Craigslist and sent over an email. Walked in the next day, saw the lot (Basic used car lot with trailer) and had a chat with the sales manager. Everything seemed okay but I was hesitant to accept because it was my first interview. The owner called me today and we got to talking, explaining his philosophy and basically told me if I want to make money I should just show up and sell (With some training to get me started). Basically they get low foot traffic but most of their business is through online advertising. They are in the midst of moving to a bigger lot apparently which I suppose is a good sign. I am considering walking in tomorrow with a couple forms they need to sign to get my license and just saying "gently caress it, I need the experience" and working everyday for the next month to see what it's like.

There are a few other new car dealerships that have openings but I've heard that selling new cars wouldn't pay as much due to the smaller profits. One of the local places also has some kind of training requirement that all new hires have to go through apparently. Is this normal and should I apply for it?

I'm on sort of a semi vacation but already bored after the few weeks I've been here so I basically want to work non-stop for a few months. I had some more questions but I can't remember what they were.

Oh maybe some advice on how to sell. I've read some articles, some AMA's on "that site" and a blog or two that make it look easy. I'm headed to the book store tomorrow as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread