Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
I just landed a job in sales in a printing company that specializes in industrial printing, ie pharmaceutical and cigarette packaging, promotional boxing etc. I've been working as a graphic designer for the last 5 years, and they mostly took me for my experience in offset printing as well as my language skills in the countries they are trying to develop.
I'm starting Wednesday, and I'm really nervous because i feel like I'm in over my head with the tasks that will be assigned to me. I'll be an Account Executive, meeting with clients abroad, making offers and closing deals. There's a formation period of course, learning the myriad of products that the company has and honing sales skills. Thing is, I really don't have any experience in sales a part from the fact that i held my own restaurant for 5 or so years. The managers are aware of this and want me to learn, but I think I'll need some literature on sales to get started somewhere.
I'd really like to keep this job and make a career out of it, since in the long run I'm aware that in this godforsaken country there won't be huge opportunities like this one, soon or ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Thanks for the sound advice, ima read the book starting tonight!

• Locked thread