Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I just started a new job in a small company, biomass/forestry industry. Sales is one of my main responsibilities. My previous job experience was in international logistics and as an insurance lawyer (gently caress my life).

The first task my new boss has given me is to try to close an export business in the UK, at the moment I have few leads. There’s one serious obstacle and it’s that the government has set a huge financial aid scheme for the end consumers, but they will lose said aid if they buy fuel from non-authorized suppliers (aka all non-UK suppliers). I think this will prevent us to get to the final customers.

So, the solution probably is to deal with the authorized suppliers and try to sell them the raw materials for them to transform into fuel, they are gathered in a few associations. Would you try to talk with the associations first to get some more qualified leads or would approach each supplier individually? I’m trying to be very careful about not competing with them, but I have the impression they are protectionist bastards and we could get burned.

Any advice on how to approach this situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread