Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I've been working in sales for about a year now. I have no formal training. Everything I've learned is from my co-workers and my bosses, who have years of experience (from 9 years to 30 years). I also don't have a college degree in anything business-related, in marketing, etc. (I was an English Lit. Major before I took time off school.)

My bosses say that I have natural talent, charisma, and I'm well educated on the "product", but I could do well to get some more formal training to improve upon my skill set. The problem is that every book on sales is promoting a self-serving agenda (they're selling a book on selling, and they all say their way is the best way). I assume online courses on sales are worse.

I know there has to be some must-read books or an online course that genuinely has good advice and can help me improve. My bosses are willing to pay for them, but I don't want to waste money on something that will be useless or just bad advice. Can anyone give me some good recommendations on books and/or online courses for sales, time management, and other skills that would be useful in my position (I mainly work on the phone, but I sometimes have to sit down with people, do a presentation, and try to sell to them in person).

Bonus points if the book/course has a decent sense of humor without being annoyingly goofy, ie "Sales for Dummies -- with cartoons!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread