Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
sell sponsorship (exhibitions spots / speaking opportunities / private functions) at B2B conferences. hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

Advice that's probably relevant to several people In this thread - linkedin lets you search for current AND past employees of a company. Several times I've searched for the guys and girls that used to have the job I'm being interviewed for and messaged them asking why they left. People are usually very open and honest and you'll get a different spiel than what the recruiter/hiring manager is telling you

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

grvm posted:

Hey everyone, first of all thank you for all your great feedback.

I started the interview process. I found out a lot of details about the position I'm in for, reached out to a lot of people who told me it was a good company to work for (past employees I found on linked in), found out it's a stable company and they have a highly rated training program. I did a ride along and saw what I would be doing (lots of cold calling/on site visits) and they set up an interview with the regional sales manager for tomorrow. It's all moving super quick but it seems like a good opportunity and I'm excited to go forward.

I know for tomorrow I should have questions prepared, a brag book, and look clean and wonderful. But here's where I'm reaching out to you: what are some great questions? What are some wow factor things I could pull out? What should I know or ask?

This will be my first interview for a fully sales position (currently in a sales/management position) and I want to be as prepared as possible.

If possible find out their biggest competitor; see what that competitor has that they don't and then ask the RSM how or why he doesn't see that as a threat. Market and competitive intelligence is key

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

Or I have a super legal definitely not downloaded copy I can send you on a throwaway email. Or just torrent it. But seriously read it. Has been one of the main parts of my sales from 3 grand conference tickets through to 100k+ software

• Locked thread