Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I'm slowly getting into HVAC/Temperature Controls sales. I've worked a bit with it in the past, installing digital systems into commercial buildings and providing layouts for frontends over the internet. I also have a few years in cellphone sales and several in PC/printer tech support.

I worked for Samsung for a few months earlier this year and they provided some pretty good sales, but it was retail and holy poo poo does that get long in the tooth. It was a ton of fun though talking about the GS5 every day but honestly the constant weekends and terrible environment were burning me out. That and no commission so it didn't matter how many I sold and if I wanted to move up I had to relocate 150 miles just to be a supervisor.

What I'll primarily now be doing is being a middleman between our techs who do installs/service/maintenance and the guys who pay the bills. What I've discovered in this industry is that so many times you get little to no interaction about what's been done and no real statement other than the word of the tech. So for the first 6 months or so I'm just going to be learning the ins and outs of the company and how they run business, trying to take in as much as possible. I guess sales in this industry isn't all that common for commercial, but rather residential which we don't or won't do.

The thing I'm worried about is if I don't like it in a year or so, my father works in the same industry and works 50-60 hours a week and is stressed constantly but I believe that's the company's fault for not giving him some underlings to distribute his workload. But he's also regarded as one of the most respected guys in the state according to many companies.

I guess I'm not sure how to tackle this other than just simply getting my feet wet. From the little googling I've done I've found a bunch of stuff on residential sales but not so much on commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread