Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.
Question for you sales folks. Let me know if this isn't the right thread for this, I haven't really gotten through all of this sub-forum yet:

My husband needs to break out of retail management. Life is moving forward and we're expecting a baby in a couple of months.

As it turns out, he is exceptionally good at up-selling. He has 8 years of retail experience and 4 years of retail management experience. As far as schooling goes, he's about ~1/3-1/2 way through a BA program.

He currently works at GameStop as an assistant manager and has repeatedly brought his store to #1 in the district and #1 in the North East in sales/credit card apps. Corporate has also informed him that he brought his store to #1 in the company a few months ago on one occasion and asked him to give tips during a company-wide conference call for managers. Unfortunately, while his district manager notices his successes, they don't really acknowledge them formally and are not doing much to forward his career despite his eagerness.

How did you break into sales? I really think he has potential in the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?

Snatch Duster posted:

He should apply to any inside sales role that also has some outside sales responsibleties. He needs to find a company that sells expensive products to make decent money. He could work at a call center selling poo poo constantly using Straight Line, but to find one that he can make decent living from will be hard.

In my industry, digital marketing, he should look at Hibu and GO Digital. They are great companies for sales folks. 50k base + commission + residuals. My brother is made 145k first year in the industry, his only experience was at a call center and Enterprise Rent Center.

Thank you so much!

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Fantastic, thanks guys! Time to start looking around NYC/Long Island.

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Most DM positions he's seen require a BA which he hasn't finished. He's probably stuck at store manager level because of it, and even then some companies require a degree.

We're in NYC, on the Long Island border. I'm sure there are literally thousands of positions out here if we knew what to look for!

• Locked thread