Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!
I don't have sales experience, and I work in Sales Operations. I've been working with our Incentive Comp team on contests and overall strategy, any chance someone has book recommendations for that side of the business?

I don't have the sales gene and would be awful at it, but find doing the strategy for bonus plans and customer targeting really fun.

Kraftwerk posted:

If you can teach yourself some of the high level basics behind pharmaceuticals I highly recommend you become a pharm rep. The perks are ridiculous. Your main job is to go around meeting various family doctors (General Practitioners) and getting them to prescribe your drugs. Often your company gives you a blank cheque to wine and dine them and do whatever it takes to sign them on. Some doctors will gently caress with you and enjoy the perks without committing but many more will do it. There is so much money to be had.

Laws/regulations generally have ended the "blank check" heyday of Pharma Reps (the most recent big law change being the Sun Shine Act), but as a whole they still get pretty drat good perks. Many people start out promoting to General Practitioners, and then move into specialty therapeutic areas that pay better (and require more science/industry knowledge). The norm is to get a company car with gas allowance, company computer/phone/tablet, travel expenses reimbursement, base pay, and bonus. Specialty Pharma Reps generally have a base of mid-5 to low-6 figures, with target bonuses for the year in the low to mid 5 figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!

kloa posted:

55" 480p screens?

Also, you will be hated as Sales Ops. They will always think you're fudging the numbers to not pay out.

That's like 90% of Sales Ops. Most of the rest is explaining to sales reps how to use Excel as they try and figure out how project/track sales performance :toot:

• Locked thread