Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
I'm thinking of applying for a sales job, but I'm not sure if I'm qualified.

I've never had a specifically defined "sales" job, but I have worked for startups for the last 5 years (including my own) and since I have a knack for sales and really enjoy it I have become the de facto "sales guy"

I've run booths a couple of major trade shows in the gift industry, done a whole lot of b2b marketing taking charge of everything from SEO to cold calling to working with customers coming up with contracts and production schedules. I've also been in a management position for the last 5 years with 5-15 people working under me.

I know a lot of the people who work for this company, and the person giving the interview knows who I am, so I might get to make up for a little bit of underqualification.

Here's a link to the posting I am considering. It's the last posting on the page. Does it look like something I would be qualified for or even want to pursue? What's a ballpark salary for such a position?

http://coton-colors.com/careers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Count Freebasie posted:

So, let me ask: What is your ultimate goal? That might give me a better idea as to where you might want to look. Your first sales job often will determine the entire trajectory. Resume isn't as important in the beginning - how you conduct yourself on an interview is.

I'm not looking for a career in sales. Ideally I'd like to make a little bit of cash for 3-5 years and then go to grad school. I'm self employed right now and I love it, but I'd really like to take home a little more dough until I have a savings that I'm comfortable with.

• Locked thread