Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Discipline droppers and trainers, courtesy of DongJuan:
http://rcfamilysite.com/shadowbane/?Disc=Animator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Willing to help flush out the week old garbage and roll better gear on the stampede vendors.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Can anyone post a quick guide on leveling spots? I read the guide that's listed in the OP but I couldn't find the level 10 camp that they were talking about. I would greatly appreciate it, as I really want to get back into this game but it's been so long since it shut down I barely remember anything.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Fog Tripper posted:

Willing to help flush out the week old garbage and roll better gear on the stampede vendors.

Go for it. If you don't have IC let someone know.

zeldadude posted:

Can anyone post a quick guide on leveling spots? I read the guide that's listed in the OP but I couldn't find the level 10 camp that they were talking about. I would greatly appreciate it, as I really want to get back into this game but it's been so long since it shut down I barely remember anything.

You want the skrell village in Pen'shaar Bog which is on the far west of the zone (for 10 to 20ish).

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!

Delizin posted:

Discipline droppers and trainers, courtesy of DongJuan:
http://rcfamilysite.com/shadowbane/?Disc=Animator

This is great.

When I level a new character I usually start in Homlen's grove. After getting to level 5 or 6 on the ants and poo poo I run to the bandit zone due west. There's a spawn with just domesticated wolves not far into the zone. After getting 10 there I promote and repledge to Karth, then port to Fort Troidan. If you run west north west of the town you'll see a path into Pen Shar bog that leads directly to the rat camps. You can get to 30 or so in there and then I usually run east to Knightsbridge because the trainers there are high level for some reason.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Think I'll join in on this. All my former knowledge is lost to time; are Shadelocks still any good? I remember having fun with one way back.

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!
I would probably choose a nephilim over a shade for a warlock, but they are viable. Shade mage assassins are, as always, legit. I'm curious if shade channelers are any good, personally.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

DeadmansReach posted:

I would probably choose a nephilim over a shade for a warlock, but they are viable. Shade mage assassins are, as always, legit. I'm curious if shade channelers are any good, personally.

He likely means a shade fighter deflock and yea they are mostly unchanged. Very hard to kill, but with gimp damage. Shades generally make good mages, so a shade channy should be fine.

Daspied
Jul 2, 2009
I just started up this game, got a max level character and all the runes in two days. The game it self has some issues, the camera controls are archaic and clunky, and the way it renders graphics. But the PvP can be quite enjoyable - Its also nice that there seems to be alot of forgiveness with the Mino warriors play-style. You are just a big beefy tank that dose melee DPS.

Do you guys think an Assassin would be a good second class to play with, or should I just make a scout?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Daspied posted:

I just started up this game, got a max level character and all the runes in two days. The game it self has some issues, the camera controls are archaic and clunky, and the way it renders graphics. But the PvP can be quite enjoyable - Its also nice that there seems to be alot of forgiveness with the Mino warriors play-style. You are just a big beefy tank that dose melee DPS.

Do you guys think an Assassin would be a good second class to play with, or should I just make a scout?

Assassins are really good in group pvp due to their ability that blocks heals. However, due to this you are always the primary target so the class actually takes a lot of skill. Scouts are great for getting stuff to gear your characters up and pretty much everyone needs one. They are even harder to play in pvp than assassins due to a huge number of responsibilities.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
nm

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 15, 2014

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

Despite the lack of activity in this thread, the server is still going strong. Our guild has a defensive bane tomorrow tonight at midnight and it's expected that it will be a huge fight. Here are some pics from the bane a few days ago:

The two chinese guilds field around 150 people each. Surprisingly very little lag during these massive fights.

Tomed2000 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 25, 2014

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
So for the bane last night, there was somewhere around 320 people on the field at once. I've actually never seen a fight so large even on live and the server handled it just fine. We crushed the opposition with a giant pincer movement.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013
Hopefully this game is still going in the wintertime when I have more time for games and less time for outdoors activities.

Have the powerblocs formed already?

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010
The fights are larger and the performance is much better than any I had ever seen on the live servers. Magicbane is really doing a great job, it seems to be the better of the two emulators.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
Yea, the game runs really well now. Haven't lagged or crashed in a long time now. Also, we have a defensive bane (our town!) tomrrow (friday) night against HoD. Should be an easy win, but HoD could always show up with like 500 people.

Jungle232
Sep 25, 2005

DeadmansReach posted:

Yes shade channelers are awesome I've gotten so many kills on mine. the shroudborn ice debuff does not stack though.. I'm sure you've seen Xenu in pvp chat

ruhk
Oct 3, 2004
Is there anyone playing from what was the old lore server? I forget the name of it, but you could only have races/classes that matched your charter.

Jungle232
Sep 25, 2005

ruhk posted:

Is there anyone playing from what was the old lore server? I forget the name of it, but you could only have races/classes that matched your charter.

Yes the It Burns When I PvP guys are playing although outside of that I'm not sure.

justinoid
Nov 16, 2005

Ass Gas or Grass, No one rides for free
I rolled up 3 accounts to mess around with yesterday, and got my guys to like lvl 29 or 30. Shadowbane was always one of my favorite games, despite the bugs and clunky UI. The massive battles, the politics, and the dark fantasy setting were always appealing. I recognize several names in this thread from the live game before it was shut down. At least with this emulator, I don't have to watch that burgerking ad every time I log in. Apparently all those Whopper dollars didn't save the game. I'll hop onto IRC this evening and see whats up.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

ruhk posted:

Vindication, and at least one or two Bhor'in are playing alongside Hy'Shen, if nothing else.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

ruhk posted:

There are a couple guys in our nation from Vindication I think

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
At any rate, are there any guilds with significant goon populations that aren't part of a literal nazi themed nation?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I remember playing this back in the day and getting grilled by a guild I had just joined because they thought I was a spy. There was a lot of paranoia in this game.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

Tran posted:

Vindication, and at least one or two Bhor'in are playing alongside Hy'Shen, if nothing else.

Not really, you should just join us and get geared. Worst that happens is you can join one of many splinter nations if you decide you hate us. BTW I miss getting trained out of PoV in the middle of the night with you.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Eh, gently caress it. Log on and get me a conc and crap legendary bow or something. I'll see how long I can put up with the manchildren. Least I can gank the worst offenders, always the highlight of Shadowbane.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Tran posted:

Eh, gently caress it. Log on and get me a conc and crap legendary bow or something. I'll see how long I can put up with the manchildren. Least I can gank the worst offenders, always the highlight of Shadowbane.

You are welcome to try to get banished from nation. Please just retag to some other guild in the nation so I can disavow knowledge. They have a policy of not banishing people.

Famine
May 8, 2004
How popular is the server? Like how many people in game?

Sureal
Nov 12, 2010
I want to say usually around 450 online according to the lua stats, not sure how accurate they are though (including multiple accounts). Big bane nights get to around 800-900 or did last i checked.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

But how have are multiboxers?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zotix posted:

But how have are multiboxers?

Chinese probably 10+ per actual person.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

soy posted:

Chinese probably 10+ per actual person.

I'd guess more like 3 or 4 based on what I see in leveling groups and stuff. Even so, the pop is down bit from launch but it still feels like there are people in the world.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Are there any decent builds for the Red/Black skinned desert dudes with the flaming fists? I haven't played in a really long time and if not I will just make a minotaur.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Decrepus posted:

Are there any decent builds for the Red/Black skinned desert dudes with the flaming fists? I haven't played in a really long time and if not I will just make a minotaur.

Irekei!

Most irekeis you will see are either wizards or assassins. I have a shade wizard build that you could maybe cajole into good rekei wizard.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Make a mage assassin because they're hella ballin

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

My mino is level 59 thanks to Darthwang PLing me. I killed some R2 hillmen to get gold to train and then he gave me his sweet sweet mino loot so now I'm a pretty cool guy. There was no one answering me in nation or talking in vent so I ran around chims and killed some swamp giants. They were white but I needed money and I could kick their rear end with my cool near gear.

Then a scout showed up and killed me. Like I couldn't even loving see him the entire time. I just stood there taking DoT damage and then ran aimlessly while snared a bit and then I guess near the end to mock me he came out of stealth and plinked me to death. Like, what the gently caress.

Then 6 of us got together and attacked a group at chims and it was the most disorganized retarded fight I have ever been a part of. I just wailed on random people until they killed me but apparently the other guys killed some of them too but it was a wash.

I still don't know where to get concs (I'm out) or health pots and stam pots and poo poo. I will try to level my dwarf today since I want to have the mino and dwarf to pick between depending on need.

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 14, 2014

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
You can buy concs from the alchemists I believe they're called, next to the big tree in most big cities.

Edit, not runemasters oops

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 15, 2014

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Decrepus posted:

My mino is level 59 thanks to Darthwang PLing me. I killed some R2 hillmen to get gold to train and then he gave me his sweet sweet mino loot so now I'm a pretty cool guy. There was no one answering me in nation or talking in vent so I ran around chims and killed some swamp giants. They were white but I needed money and I could kick their rear end with my cool near gear.

Then a scout showed up and killed me. Like I couldn't even loving see him the entire time. I just stood there taking DoT damage and then ran aimlessly while snared a bit and then I guess near the end to mock me he came out of stealth and plinked me to death. Like, what the gently caress.
Forests are really dangerous for this reason. Your best bet is to target them with , or . and press ctrl-A to run in their direction. You are almost never going to catch a scout with a warrior though. Your best bet was likely to yell evac in nation chat

quote:

Then 6 of us got together and attacked a group at chims and it was the most disorganized retarded fight I have ever been a part of. I just wailed on random people until they killed me but apparently the other guys killed some of them too but it was a wash.

Most of the guys who care enough about chims to attack it aren't the greatest at PvP sorry. Were you in vent?

quote:

I still don't know where to get concs (I'm out) or health pots and stam pots and poo poo. I will try to level my dwarf today since I want to have the mino and dwarf to pick between depending on need.

Alchemists in npc cities sell them. The one in Khar is in a tiny tent north of the tree I think.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Question: I played a ton of Shadowbane, but I played the most on the Test server. Does this private server, or any future servers, plan to reproduce the XP rate of test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tabletops posted:

Question: I played a ton of Shadowbane, but I played the most on the Test server. Does this private server, or any future servers, plan to reproduce the XP rate of test?

You could literally stand idle at chims and get to 59 in a single sitting if there is a group there.

• Locked thread