Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Hoooooly poo poo Shadowbane. I love this game, I'll probably pop in and check it out just for some nostalgia.

My favorite characters used to be a prelate and templar.

For anyone asking about classes...its about impossible to explain because you can literally do anything. I had a dual wielding bladedancer priest who hosed things up. You can (and will) horribly cripple yourself on a character but the beautiful thing is its easy to just level another one.

Are templars or confessors viable? I can't remember what eventually made confessors kind of suck but for a while they were beastly.

Combo fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Good, that gives me some time to get a feel for the game again and find leveling spots, etc.

Back when it was free I always did 4 characters at a time while leveling on newbie isle, 3 I wanted to continue on with and then a pet class that would pl them all.

Does anyone run this game on Linux? I think my lovely laptop could run it just fine but I have the latest Ubuntu on there and honestly don't know much about it yet.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

My old roommates and I, along with some guys from NIU, started a guild that I can't even remember the name of anymore, or the original server it was on. Our city name was Defiance though, might have been on Vindication or Mourning, both sound really familiar.

It was good times, and we ended up having the guys from NIU drive down to us for some of our house parties, I think 10 of them came the second time.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

Both magicbane as well as the sbemu are wiping this friday. Really wondering which will be more worthwhile. I've been farting around on magicbane for the past month or so, but am eligible for the friday sbemu cb wipe as my forum credentials are pre-2014.

What to do, what to do.

In any event I will be on ONE of the two servers late friday if goons want to meet up and do some leveling.

edit: looks like sbemu wimped out and now decided they will be allowing multiboxing (if not flat out encouraging it)

By my understanding the sbemu server is not wiping, they're just opening it up to more people. So anyone new is going to get poo poo stomped for a while. That plus needing admin permission for banes makes the decision pretty obvious really.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

Farted around with a fresh irekei dagger scout last night. brought back fond memories, but were virtually zero groups in the noob leveling areas.

Mostly I'd say people just level themselves up with a smallish group to get off newbie island, but there are pretty regularly groups out in the bog.

Me personally, I roll two characters I want to play and then a wizard or huntress on a third account since the pet one shots everything on newbie island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah, I haven't bothered playing at all this week so far.

• Locked thread