Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

please send the thread to BYOB now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

El Kooserino posted:

The black goo represents the final excess in the quest for jouissance, produced when symbolic knowledge becomes by itself becomes insufficient, and the Real makes itself known. - A fag.

Why sign your posts when there are already these huge signatures? Many customs here are still new to me.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

twisty you know stuff about church why was ot god such a dick and nt god/jesus so nice

was it life changes due to baby

It took me a while to figure out that it's the same God and he took mercy on us and gave us His only son to take on the sins of the world because man is so sinful there's literally no other way for man to be right with God

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Have you seen the movie Prometheus (2012)? Basically that.

I have not seen it. Care to elaborate?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

greetings from the byobmine.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

greetings from the byobmine.

:cheers:

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Christ was God's suicide.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Christ was God's suicide.

You can't kill God. He's immune to it.

Maltag
Oct 1, 2007

Why sign your posts when there are already these huge signatures? Many customs here are still new to me.

people in the cd forum are reading posts like this and clapping and slapping each other on the back and saying how awesome they are

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

ugh

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Twisty of Fate posted:

In the sense that he is already dead, yes.

"In his seminar on The Ethics of Psychoanalysis, Lacan opposes to the thesis of the death of God the claim that God is dead from the very beginning, it is just that he just did not know it; in Christianity he finally learns it―on the Cross. The death of Christ is thus not an actual death, but rather a becoming aware of what is already here."

Maltag posted:

people in the cd forum are reading posts like this and clapping and slapping each other on the back and saying how awesome they are

To those in CD who are reading this: I am being treated well by my captors.
Also, it is okay to be gay and I'm. Koos is most likely a heterosexual.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

God's not dead he is surely alive

old sig: http://i.imgur.com/ukjgdmn.gif
thank u giko

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
I am absolutely, positively, not gay. And that's all there is to it.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

"In his seminar on The Ethics of Psychoanalysis, Lacan opposes to the thesis of the death of God the claim that God is dead from the very beginning, it is just that he just did not know it; in Christianity he finally learns it―on the Cross. The death of Christ is thus not an actual death, but rather a becoming aware of what is already here."

To those in CD who are reading this: I am being treated well by my captors.
Also, it is okay to be gay and I'm. Koos is most likely a heterosexual.

If God was dead then how could he be doing so many things.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

El Kooserino posted:

I am absolutely, positively, not gay. And that's all there is to it.

So, why didn't my joke 'work'?

Koos' humor was an obvious play on the incongruity and sudden reversal of saying 'fag' at the end of a 'smart-sounding' phrase. My own response was to perform a basic reversal.

However, by writing out the phrase himself (an accurate summary of my Zizekian reading of the film) Koos was already positioning himself as a 'smart fag' along with Lacan, Zizek, and myself. My reversal was a redundancy

In this sense, I misinterpreted Koos' joke and owe him an apology.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
[in goku voice] i'm in baby clothes. i smell like piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet
koos's resounding heterosexuality comforts me. SMg's opposition to narcissistic fantasy frightens me. fyad's opposition to narcissistic fantasy is dumb and non-threatening.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Twisty of Fate posted:

Can God kill God, twisty?

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Koos' humor was an obvious play on the incongruity and sudden reversal of saying 'fag' at the end of a 'smart-sounding' phrase. My own response was to perform a basic reversal.

However, by writing out the phrase himself (an accurate summary of my Zizekian reading of the film) Koos was already positioning himself as a 'smart fag' along with Lacan, Zizek, and myself. My reversal was a redundancy

- A fag.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
However, your apology is accepted.

pigster
Dec 15, 2009

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

To die one must first be alive.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Rotten Punk
Nov 11, 2009

Twisty of Fate posted:

If God was dead then how could he be doing so many things.

Bagabi lacha bachabe
Lamac cahi achababe
Karellyos Lamac lamac
bachalyas Cabahag sabalyos
Baryolos Lagaz atha cabyolas
Samahac atha famolas
Hurrahya

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Chill Callahan posted:

[in goku voice] i'm in baby clothes. i smell like piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss

The baby piss Goku!!!!

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

it doesn't work because youre a fag lmao

----------------

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Rotten Punk posted:

Bagabi lacha bachabe
Lamac cahi achababe
Karellyos Lamac lamac
bachalyas Cabahag sabalyos
Baryolos Lagaz atha cabyolas
Samahac atha famolas
Hurrahya

Ehat the gently caress did you just do dude

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
he summoned

----------------

nosering
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z9EMpEy5_8

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

it doesn't work because youre a fag lmao

Partly. Moreso because the repetition of the 'white noise' joke did not cancel it out, but revealed a sincere annoyance that was unwarranted.

about_face posted:

To die one must first be alive.

God exists only insofar as he doesn’t know (take note of, register) his own inexistence. The moment God knows, he collapses into the abyss of inexistence, like the familiar cartoon cat which falls only when it notices there is no ground beneath its feet.

Beetlejuice v.o
Jul 12, 2008

im gay

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

lol

----------------

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Partly. Moreso because the repetition of the 'white noise' joke did not cancel it out, but revealed a sincere annoyance that was unwarranted.

God exists only insofar as he doesn’t know (take note of, register) his own inexistence. The moment God knows, he collapses into the abyss of inexistence, like the familiar cartoon cat which falls only when it notices there is no ground beneath its feet.

no its because youre a fag hahahaha

----------------

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

no its because youre a fag hahahaha

I'll grant that. What is to be done about it?

Rotten Punk
Nov 11, 2009

I'll grant that. What is to be done about it?

give your soul and body to the most exalted lord satan lucifer.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

God knows everything.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

is he allowed to leave yet

no they will not posted:

Cool. added to sig

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Prefuse posted:

is he allowed to leave yet

yeah

Budget Prefuse