Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
I haven't heard back from his family yet, but I can certainly understand why this isn't high on their priority list. I sent a follow up email this morning to make sure they are aware of what we have done. As soon as I hear something back I will let everyone know.

I have appreciated all the thanks coming from everyone, and feel significantly thanked so please don't reply to this post with more thanks.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
loving ingrates. It's almost enough to make you stop giving money to strangers online. Keep sending those emails big man, let's get to the bottom of this.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
You're a good lad Suqit

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
bought a piece of land to train them referees on... got it for a knockdown price from the waste management corp... they say the toxic seepage is under legal limits... not been up to have a look at it yet but think its a real doozy... god bless y'all for those donations keep them coming...

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
I received this email today

Dear J,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with my son and me. We so appreciate hearing from you. It has been incredibly sad for us to lose David so suddenly. I am overwhelmed by the response of so many people on the Web site. I am glad to know that David had been able to influence and help so many young soccer enthusiasts. We are really happy and we know that David would be really happy to see that donations were made in his name to a cause that he felt so passionate about. If you are able to send us a copy of the Chelsea pamphlet with David's obituary, we would be happy to have it. Thanks, again, for letting us know about this community that David was such a part of. We are really touched by such an overwhelming response to his passing.

Kind regards,

GOM's wife and son

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Lovely.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Suqit posted:

Dear J,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with my son and me. We so appreciate hearing from you. It has been incredibly sad for us to lose David so suddenly. I am overwhelmed by the response of so many people on the Web site. I am glad to know that David had been able to influence and help so many young soccer enthusiasts. We are really happy and we know that David would be really happy to see that donations were made in his name to a cause that he felt so passionate about. If you are able to send us a copy of the Chelsea pamphlet with David's obituary, we would be happy to have it. Thanks, again, for letting us know about this community that David was such a part of. We are really touched by such an overwhelming response to his passing.

Kind regards,

GOM's wife and son

You are a good, if fat headed, man suqit.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Suqit posted:

Dear J,

Kind regards,

GOM's wife and son

:)

Edit: any word from the Chels?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Suqit posted:

Dear J,

Kind regards,

GOM's wife and son

Good job, J.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Thirteenth Step posted:

:)

Edit: any word from the Chels?

Not that I know of. Finn knows better I think...

Greg?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I hope they dont find this forum and realise what we really are.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

And now I'm sad again. Happy but also sad.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

idgi

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

We're the worst, OP

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Well we spent like 2 years making fun of him for having a heart attack

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Chelsea Pamphlet? I know that song.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

serious gaylord posted:

A bunch of people passionate about really shite football clubs?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This was a really great thing you guys did

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Suqit posted:

Dear J,

Kind regards,

GOM's wife and son

Wonderful.

Thanks again Suqit.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Great work Suqit, and everyone that donated.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Heartfelming stuff, really.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

mackintosh posted:

A bunch of people passionate about really shite football clubs?

A bunch of trolls passionate about trolling other trolls, who happen to be football fans.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Let me know if it gets into the program and I'll buy a digital copy and post the image.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

This thread embodies the Good Lads Who Mean Well mantra our troll-free posting parlour holds dear.:)

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Great work everyone, we did it

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
I was going through my mail this morning and found this:

If any of you missed the first time around, feel free to either send something directly to NISOA or you can paypal me if you are out of country and I can write the check.

I have also shared this with David's family.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Suqit posted:

If any of you missed the first time around, feel free to either send something directly to NISOA or you can paypal me if you are out of country and I can write the check.

This is fairly freaking cool.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Suqit posted:

Niiiice

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Suqit posted:

:golfclap: This is loving great.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Suqit posted:

This is pretty awesome, well done everyone :)

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Suqit posted:

Well done lads, this is class.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The idea of an up and coming young ref applying for the grumpy old man scholarship is brilliant.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Total Meatlove posted:

The idea of an up and coming young ref applying for the grumpy old man scholarship is brilliant.

He should get a patch

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
We did it

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Total Meatlove posted:

I like this .

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I just sent $10 to Suqit, didn't notice this thread until now somehow. I assume I'm not too late.

My condolences to GOM's friends and family. Didn't know the guy since I'm a new plastic but sounds like he was pretty cool

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
With the two most recent donations, we have reached a total of

Three thousand 420 dollars and ten cents.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Suqit posted:

With the two most recent donations, we have reached a total of

Three thousand 420 dollars and ten cents.

Somebody donate 59 cents

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Thirteenth Step posted:

Somebody donate 59 cents
done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU