Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

:( RIP

Best wishes to his family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
This is terrible news. RIP GOM.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

What the gently caress man :(

RIP

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

:(

RIP

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
RIP GOM :(

I really liked his reasonable, thought out posts on CONCACAF that sent Brandy into insane fits of rage.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Terrible new, RIP. Thanks for letting us know

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Despite not posting that much here/in the same threads it's always sad to lose one of us. Rest well, GOM, and once Lent is done I'll raise my first glass in your memory.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
gently caress, RIP GOM and GOM family, I will be getting the ales in

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

If Chelsea win the premier league the only saving grace is knowing that it was actually for GOM

RIP

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars
Well this is some poo poo. RIP GOM.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Rest in peace, GOM. You're funny and smart. Enjoy the big plays and Mourinho mind games in a better place.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gently caress, that sucks. I never talked with the guy personally but still, tragic.

R. I. P. GOM

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

RIP GOM. You were the best of us (American Plastics).

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Sad news, I remember GOM posts from when I first discovered the SAS Premier League threads. A good example for us yanks.

RIP.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Im drinking in memory of GOM.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

So am I! :unsmith:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Would anyone mind writing a bio about him? Some of us never met him before, and would like to know a little bit more about GOM. I'm piecing together information through posts, but would really like to know who he was.

Thank you.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Entertaining poster and by all accounts a real good dude, RIP GOM :(

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Man that's awful, he will be missed. :smith:

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Soulex posted:

Would anyone mind writing a bio about him? Some of us never met him before, and would like to know a little bit more about GOM. I'm piecing together information through posts, but would really like to know who he was.

Thank you.

GOM was a punk. He grew up in the 70s listening to the Clash. He played soccer growing up and eventually into college. He went to school in Oklahoma and really didn't like it.

He ended up going to law school. He became a very successful attorney; by suing other attorneys. He lived in Coronado just outside of San Diego for the past ten years or so.

He started following Chelsea, as many American plastics did, when Fox started showing games. After he couldn't really play any more he got into officiating. He started at the high school level and eventually ended up coaching at the collegiate level.

After enjoying success as an attorney he decided to open up his own practice a few years back. I know it was stressful on him but he really loved the challenge of it.

A few years ago he suffered his first heart attack. He was supposed to have died then. But he didn't. He literally posted from the ER which owned.

He loved sailing. He had a group of friends that would sail together and enjoy booze and cigars.

He worked his rear end off to recover from his first heart attack and within a matter months was back on the pitch officiating. He wanted to do a sort of mini your after his first heart attack to spend time with some close friends he had lost touch with or grown slightly apart from over the years. We were supposed to meet up in Austin for a drink. Sadly that never happened.

Unfortunately he had a second heart attack a few years later. Which he also survived. And also posted from the ER. Again. From what I could tell he wasn't working as much after this one. He spent a lot of time cooking and was about to move from Coronado. He was rueful about it. I'm not sure what happened but I'm guessing he probably had another heart attack.

I one asked him if he ever felt any sort of regret or of he felt he sold out; going from a punk loving anti establishment youth to an immensely successful attorney.

His answer was "nope".

He was a really cool guy. He was married and raised a talented and cool step son. He was very proud of both of them. I'm sure they feel the same way about him.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Suqit posted:

GOM was a punk. He grew up in the 70s listening to the Clash. He played soccer growing up and eventually into college. He went to school in Oklahoma and really didn't like it.

He ended up going to law school. He became a very successful attorney; by suing other attorneys. He lived in Coronado just outside of San Diego for the past ten years or so.

He started following Chelsea, as many American plastics did, when Fox started showing games. After he couldn't really play any more he got into officiating. He started at the high school level and eventually ended up coaching at the collegiate level.

After enjoying success as an attorney he decided to open up his own practice a few years back. I know it was stressful on him but he really loved the challenge of it.

A few years ago he suffered his first heart attack. He was supposed to have died then. But he didn't. He literally posted from the ER which owned.

He loved sailing. He had a group of friends that would sail together and enjoy booze and cigars.

He worked his rear end off to recover from his first heart attack and within a matter months was back on the pitch officiating. He wanted to do a sort of mini your after his first heart attack to spend time with some close friends he had lost touch with or grown slightly apart from over the years. We were supposed to meet up in Austin for a drink. Sadly that never happened.

Unfortunately he had a second heart attack a few years later. Which he also survived. And also posted from the ER. Again. From what I could tell he wasn't working as much after this one. He spent a lot of time cooking and was about to move from Coronado. He was rueful about it. I'm not sure what happened but I'm guessing he probably had another heart attack.

I one asked him if he ever felt any sort of regret or of he felt he sold out; going from a punk loving anti establishment youth to an immensely successful attorney.

His answer was "nope".

He was a really cool guy. He was married and raised a talented and cool step son. He was very proud of both of them. I'm sure they feel the same way about him.

Gah im starting to feel all mopey about gom again. Him being a punk always made him cool in my eyes. Seriously, GOM was cool as heck and I was PMing him about getting some jam before he died.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Suqit posted:

His answer was "nope".

poo poo man :(

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I may not post much, but I love this forum and this is horrible news. RIP :(

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Very sad and shocking news. Condolences to his family.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

GOM was a Chelsea fan and owned. RIP

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
GOM was cool and a good poster. RIP

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
RIP GOM, you were a great guy who loved his club and lived a life you loved.

I hope one day I can feel 50% as happy as he did when Chels won the champs league.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
RIP GOM. We didn't get a chance to interact much, but having lurked around PWM for a long time, I feel I got to know you a little. You will be missed. Chelsea better win that title for you this year :unsmith:

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

thanks for this

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Suqit posted:

His answer was "nope".

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
GOM was really cool and I loved him questioning the logic of various walkers flavours during crisp chat.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
RIP GOM, I enjoyed your posts. :(

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
RIP GOM, condolences to his friends and family.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

RIP GOM. Always thought he was good with the banter.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Can't say I ever conversed with him on here, but he always seemed to have insightful things to say whenever I lurked the EPL threads. RIP GOM, condolences to his IRL friends, family and loved ones.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Suqit posted:

His answer was "nope".

Aw poo poo. I can't really say I've known GOM but reading that made me legitimately sad. Thanks for writing that Suqit.

RIP GOM

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Rips Gom.

At least now you he can watch over Stamford Bridge from above, rather than a lovely NBC stream at 7am on a Saturday morning.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
RIP GOM :(

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Suqit posted:

His answer was "nope".

this is a v good post thanks for doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Suqit posted:

His answer was "nope".

Appreciate the poo poo out of this. BTW, he was also a big smug jerk Galaxy fan to us MLS folks. As LA fans usually are. :911: