Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

I just sent a small donation, hope it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

double sulk posted:

I just sent a small donation, hope it helps.

Every single donation is meaningful no matter the size. Thanks!

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Does paypal take a flat cut or a percentage? Because I want to donate but I'm poor as dirt atm so I want to make sure it doesn't just get eaten by our corporate overlords

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
What if I hate refs OP

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

The Mash posted:

Does paypal take a flat cut or a percentage? Because I want to donate but I'm poor as dirt atm so I want to make sure it doesn't just get eaten by our corporate overlords

You can send it via "friends and family" and they do not take a cut.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I somehow missed this thread and thing; gently caress.

That little obit was really good suqit, thanks very much for that. I've sent a donation, hopefully it made it (I never really trust Paypal :ohdear:)

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Donation sent, hopefully it's more than the Norwich posters so that will mean Southampton will win today tia

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
I've only just seen this thread. Such a shame :(. RIP GOM, you chelsea scum.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
Ladies and Gentlemen, friends and neighbors, there are 76 beautiful goons that have taken the time to donate their hard earned money to a great cause in memory of a great man.

Together we have now amassed $3,226.26 for a really cool charity. We should all be proud of ourselves!

If you haven't had a chance to donate yet, please take a few minutes to do so now! Directions are in the OP.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

holy poo poo

ThisBunkCannotSwim
Sep 17, 2010

Get in the bin.

Bit late to this wake, but just wanted to say: enjoy football Valhalla, you crazy diamond.

(Have chipped in what little my dole-scummy arse can afford.)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
This is heartfelming stuff.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I sent some money so that skinny nerds can learn about DOGSOs in memory of GOM, who was, much like myself, A Cool Poster

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

the sex ghost posted:

I sent some money so that skinny nerds can learn about DOGSOs in memory of GOM, who was, much like myself, A Cool Poster

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Do the sponsored refs send us a letter every 6 months?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Total Meatlove posted:

Do the sponsored refs send us a letter every 6 months?

We'll get one dubious penalty and a questionable sending off awarded to the team of our choice.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can we use the money to bribe Phil Dowd into never officiating another football match for the rest of his life? I think GOM would approve of this

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

A lifetime's supply of pies for Phil Dowd would cost considerably more than $3,000

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
We have now hit 80 donations for a grand total of $3,279.49

I will accept donations today up until midnight GMT and will send out a check tomorrow.

If someone would like to donate but does not have the funds right now, please email me and we can work something out to have your donation included in the total.

I plan on sending a list of donators with the check, and will be sending a copy of the same to GOMs family to let them know just how many people care enough to participate as well as where the donations are coming from.

I know many of you are concerned about anonymity, and as such I will be sending in first names with last initials only to both parties. If you would rather remain completely anonymous, please shoot me an email and I will replace your first name and last initial with anonymous in both lists.

Good job everyone, you should all be proud of what we have done here.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Suqit posted:

We have now hit 80 donations for a grand total of $3,279.49

This is absolutely brilliant and I hope it makes his family a little happier.

Suqit posted:

I know many of you are concerned about anonymity, and as such I will be sending in first names with last initials only to both parties.

I'm more than happy with this.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
You can send my first name and last initial if you want Suqit. That's cool with me.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
same, good job suqit and thanks for organising all of this

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Thanks again for doing this Suqit and good job everyone, awesome stuff.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm happy with first name and initial. THanks Suqit for organizing this, and well done everyone on all the donations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Suqit plz make a big deal about the fact that even though he was american, he was the least annoying american.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
I did a donation but im not sure if the credit card needs to be verified before the transaction can be completed.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

saihttam posted:

I did a donation but im not sure if the credit card needs to be verified before the transaction can be completed.

It's completed, thanks!

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
First name and initial is fine by me, great work Suqit and everyone else

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Suqit posted:

It's completed, thanks!

Ok, cool

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Suqit let me know how to pay you back for mine whenever

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Suqit did a good thing organising this. Thankyou suqit.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Pissflaps posted:

I love suqit and want to kiss him on the mouth.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Pissflaps posted:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ephex posted:

I love suqit and want to kiss him on the mouth.

I'd eat his butter soup any day because of this.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Glad to be a part of this, thanks for putting in the time to organize everything suqit.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
There are still a few hours left, but it looks as if the final count is:

82 donations

for

$3,344.75

Thank you everyone for your extremely generous donations. I will probably include some of the many kind words shared by this thread in my letter to GOM's family. I have been in brief contact with his son and will let him know everything you have all done for him.

Thank you also to everyone for your very kind words to me. I know had I not volunteered to do this, others would have stepped up, and as I said before; were it me that were the unlucky one I am 100% positive that GOM would have done what I am doing now for me, he was that kind of man.

It was nice to have something else to focus on that was positive while the shock and surprise of his passing abated and now I'm sad, but ultimately happy he led a wonderful life and proud that strangers on the internet from literally all over the world were able to do something so incredibly meaningful and kind in his memory.

I'm not sure where some donations came from, but from everything I know, this is how wide reaching and far one man's impact was.

Wales
New Jersey
France
Oklahoma
Maryland
NYC
England
Greece
Costa Rica
England
Massachussets
England
Wales
California
England
Denmark
Illinois
England
Wales
England
England
Switzerland
England
New Jersey
Georgia
North Carolina
England
Germany
England
Texas
Scotland
England
Norway
Kentucky
Canada
England
Canada
Texas
Ireland
England
England
England
Canada
Australia
Ohio
Oklahoma
England
Poland
New Zealand
England
England
England
Arizona
England
Washington
Australia
England
Australia
England
England
England
Canada
England
North Carolina
Switzerland
Scotland
Florida
England
Nebraska
Australia
England
Wisconsin
England
England
Japan
England
Sweden

Nearly $3,500. It's just amazing to me. Well done everyone.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
:)

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Thank you, Suqit, for organizing this and thanks to everyone who made a donation.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This is awesome. Thanks for arranging it Suqit, I'm constantly amazed at the generosity of random Internet strangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

irlZaphod posted:

I'm constantly amazed at the generosity of random Internet strangers.

I'm not, but then again I've seen your mam's webcam show.