Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

RIP Gom. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Suqit posted:

A little update

First of all the donations keep coming in, and we now stand $2,188.21 from 47 different posters from literally all over the world. Incredible!

My plan is to put together a list of everyone that has donated, along with where they are from along with the check to NISOA. I am also going to write a letter to GOM's family letting them know how much was raised, where it went to, and who has donated and where they are from. It's amazing seeing how diverse a group of people from all over the world he has affected enough to make the effort to donate. I think it's truly incredible.

I will ask if you haven't already done so in your paypal note to shoot me an email with either your location and/or username. If you would prefer to remain anonymous that is totally cool too, but if you are comfortable with giving me where you are from it will be pretty neat I think.

I am away from my house and office for the week but will be checking in periodically with updates.

Keep up the good work, I am collecting until March 17th! The check will go out the morning of the 18th.

Here is a list of the places I know of where money was sent:

Wales
New Jersey
France
Oklahoma
Maryland
NYC
England
Greece
Uruguay
England
Massachussets
England
Wales
California
England
Illinois
England
Wales
England
Switzerland
New Jersey
Georgia
North Carolina
Germany
England
Texas
Scotland
England
Norway
Canada
England
Canada
Texas
Ireland
England
England
England
Canada

Edit: So many of you have offered your thanks and condolences to me personally and thank you all very much, it means a lot. I can say with 100% certainty were the roles reversed GOM would be doing this for me.

Hm, I don't see any Denmark on that list OP.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Suqit posted:

OK I thought that was you but wasn't sure...

******** *****?

Yes

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

That's a very nice and touching letter Suqit :)