Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If “playing too roughly” means “hardcore CBT” then yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
If she has it and you don’t, yes, it’s possible you could contract herpes on your junk even using a condom and even if she’s not having an outbreak at the time.

Step 1, imo, is to go get yourself a herpes blood test. It’s not part of the standard panel, but it’s definitely a test that exists and can easily be done. Step 2 might be her talking to her doctor about antivirals if she isn’t on them already.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Silicone lubes are a pain because they stain, can’t be used with toys, and — not mentioned yet but super important — if you get even a drop on hardwood, tile, or the bathtub, it’s a murder weapon. And it can last for like a week+.

There are thicker silicone lubes for butt stuff, but you have to seek them out. You might also want to look into hybrid lubes.

You could look at Sliquid — they have a quiz you can take to pair you with the right one, and/or they have variety boxes so you can sample. Samplers are always more expensive per oz, but once you find the best one, you can buy a bigger bottle for savings.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
In the US, prevention of transmission has been an on-label use for valcyclovir for 20+ years. “HSV serodiscordant” gets you studies. It would be something to discuss with her doctor, but if she wants to go forward, there would be no bureaucratic resistance at all.

Odds of having HSV1 are lower than generally presented, 50% or lower for the US goon demographic. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db304.htm

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 8, 2023

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I personally think informed consent is cool and good. I don’t want to stigmatize it, having herpes doesn’t say anything bad about someone, but it’s also fine and reasonable imo if you don’t want to roll the dice on oozing sores that could be lifelong. I have plenty of medical problems without adding that one.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
90% of the internet is going to try to sell you on testosterone supplements. Don’t do that without investigating everything else first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It’s fine to try asking the thread imo, no shortage of gross stuff earlier itt. But it turns out some things are beyond goon help and you’re going to end up needing to see a doctor