Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

If you're from the US, about 50% of the population has HSV-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm not a doctor, but if you're asymptomatic and not in contact with immune-compromised individuals, I'm not sure I understand the worry.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Speaking of condoms, people who use them should also remember to use dental dams and maybe gloves for different kinds of play.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I wanna hear more about how running into a tree was supposed to impress your friend, and whether it worked.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

At what point does it go from sex position to predicament bondage?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Forum telephone now means that all of these are true and will forever be associated with RFC2324.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

You know how, if you eat spicy food a lot, you eventually get to a point where you need to make your food even more spicy?
It's that, but with your penis.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nobody Interesting posted:

I'm still confused about the different floor thing. Floor to ceiling vibrator?
Remote controlled vibrators will be an eye-opening experience to you and/or your partner(s).

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm not sure it's a healthy attitude to think that sex has to end with orgasm.
I think instead of focusing on getting your partner off, or worring whether either you or her is at fault for this, you should instead focus on things that make you both happy together.

I think I'd also gently like to point out that to me, a total stranger, it sounds like it's much more important to you than it is to her.
Nobody has the exact same sexual drive, and it can vary wildly over the same persons lifetime - but at the end of the day it's "just" sex; making a big deal out of it puts more importance on it than it deserves, especially if it becomes an issue that can affect a partnership.

EDIT: Have you talked to her about this guilt you feel over not being able to get her off?
Sex shouldn't be quid-pro-quo - making it into an obligation is one of the few things you can do to sex to make it not sexy.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 8, 2023

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Please just loving communicate.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

I'll communicate while loving.
As long as there's communication, great!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

MightyJoe36 posted:

Organic Coconut Oil. Highly recommended.
Coconut oil can kill the natural bacteria found in the area, which in turn can increase the risk of getting bad bacteria.
In addition, all vegetable oils can mess with the pH levels and clog pores.

There are so many good lubricants that can be used nowadays, it's just a question of finding the right type that works for the kind of play the participants want to engage in.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah we used coconut oil for years before we switched to Sensuva, it's fine and good actually
I mean, it's not like it will gently caress up things guaranteed, there's just an elevated risk.

It's probably fine for most people, but why risk it if you can buy great lubes?

In the past I've resorted to using various types of organic vegetable oil, when there was nothing else available - but it's not the first thing I reach for with any partner.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Who gives a gently caress about what bits someone has?
It says absolutely nothing about their personality, hobbies, interests, what music they're digging, and ultimately just about everything interesting about them.

I might be showing my bi/pan colors here, but the only interest I have in someone's bits is if they're interested in doing stuff, and if they know what kind of self-pleasure they're into - then I can learn about what they like, and hopefully figure out a way to give them what they want, if they do.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Yangrendan posted:

Sorry I'm translating this from another language. She said that the hugging and kissing before the act might feel different, but the act itself, the pleasure, and stimulation are the same. The emotional component does nothing to make the act itself more pleasureable.
In reading this, I instantly thought about how it reminds me of an article that describes two ends of a spectrum of sexual desire that I previously didn't really have the words to describe.

As for the basics, I assume you've got your vitamins checked? Because at my most recent check-up at my GP, she noticed that my vitamin D3 and calcium was low - and after getting a single tablet a day which contains both (because apparently it's very common for Scandinavians to lack it, and each of them help with the absorption of the other), my sexual desire is back at its usual level (I'd previously noticed it wasn't very big for a period).

mrbass21 posted:

Now, to get back on topic: “Have you tried butt stuff”?
This will never not be the best advice given ITT.