Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoothlovah
Apr 4, 2011

AlbieQuirky posted:

The perineal pain could be referred pain from the corona, if present. The only reason I would hazard that guess is because most of the people I have known with vulvodynia had it on first penetration, not after a while of sex being fine. But. My pool is not a statistically significant sample, so this might well be a common variant of vulvodynia!

Hope that she can see a GYN soon, and that the doc will be helpful. Pain sucks.

As someone with an unfortunate case of vulvodynia coupled with vaginismus, I don't always get pain when I have sex. It varies when I do get pain; sometimes only to begin with until I get warmed up, sometimes it's fine on initial penetration and sometimes only once I get going. That could possibly be because if I get bored, distracted or worried about it hurting. I'll dry up almost the instant I start feeling pain, and the friction with a condom on definitely leaves me with bleeding, tearing, and a burning sensation, more so if the guy has comfort issues from a tight foreskin and it takes a few goes to penetrate comfortably for him.

I highly recommend her seeing a gyno; mine referred me to a pelvic floor physio and I don't have pain as often now, and when I do get it, I know how to deal with it. For me, it involves some gentle finger stretching, plenty of lube, and as a last resort ditching the condom (I have an IUD and insist on my partners getting STI tests prior to any hats-off action.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU