Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

If you don't have a store like this near you and you just want to shop online, I'd recommend a store like Early to Bed or Good Vibrations that have curated selections of toys that have been selected for quality and body safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

For rope you want hemp or jute, not cotton. Several lengths of 30' (10m) and a couple 15' (5m) will do you nicely for just about everything.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

If you're doing rope stuff remember to pick up a pair of safety shears in case you need to cut the rope off quickly.

Yes, also read up about the common injuries in rope, especially nerve damage, and how to recognize that they may be happening. Cutting off circulation to an extremity for a short period of time is probably fine, but nerve damage from compression can happen pretty quickly and is often permanent.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Seconding Sliquid. I've got three different types of their lube on my bedside and have used a fourth, all with good results. Their Sassy is intended for anal but works well for fisting too ime.

It's possible that it's just because I got it from cheaplubes.com or something, but I got a bottle of Sassy intending to use it for butt stuff, but it's super thin and tacks up in no time. Like I guess the bottle could be mislabeled? I could have sworn I tried the sampler at a local sex toy store and it was nice and thick, but this stuff is not. I'm slowly working my way through it, but it's honestly pretty bad.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Yeah, the procedure itself takes like 20 minutes. I didn't love it, but the Valium they gave me helped.

Afterwards, it was pretty uncomfortable for like 2-3 days at most, and for a week or 10 days I wore a jockstrap. I highly recommend getting a few jockstraps if you don't already have them. They gave me a script for tramadol that I never ended up filling, I just took OTC extra strength Tylenol and iced.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Rolo posted:

Thanks goons. I was pretty up in the air about having kids someday until this happened and even though it wasn't that close of a call it scared the poo poo out of me. I think my feelings about kids are shifting to where I'd rather risk a lengthy undo-procedure after changing my mind later than risk a pregnancy happening before then.

Got some stuff to think about, I'll be reading the snip thread in the meantime.

It's not as reversible as people think it is, that's one drawback. You can always freeze sperm, or if you change your mind later, they can extract sperm directly from the testes. My understanding is that the reversal is much more invasive than the original procedure, and doesn't have as high a success rate.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i'm uninterested in unpacking the intricacies of my gender and sexuality with a straight cis person. queer/trans people tend to have done some examining of these things already, and moreover, they'll take my word for it

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I've had a fleshlight for like 10 years and I've used it maybe 15 times. It's not bad, but you can't vary pressure like you can with your hand, so I occasionally use it for novelty and the rest of the time it lives in a drawer. Tenga egg might be better, but I've never tried them.

If you're trying to find something to create a more special or more pleasurable masturbation experience, try engaging other parts of your body. A vibe on the perineum might be nice, a lot of people like nipple stimulation, and if you're open to it, butt stuff can be really great.

If you're trying to have an experience with your partner (it wasn't clear from your question if they would be involved or not) then your options are basically endless. There's so much sex you can do that isn't just tab-A-into-slot-B sex.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I didn't mean to come off condescending, and I'm sorry if I did.

It wasn't clear from your post if you were looking for toys to help you masturbate in a more novel way, or if you were looking for ways to have sex with your wife that were going to be feasible for her physically.

For masturbation, I told you my experience with the fleshlight, but there's lots of other good recommendations for specific toys to help there. I also offered some other options that aren't just about stimulating your dick.

If you don't want advice about your relationship from the pig balls website, I get that. But it really sounds like you're frustrated with your sex life with your wife, and it sounds like as it stands right now there's no version of sex that you're both interested in and is satisfying for both of you. That sucks, I'm sorry. These are conversations you probably need to have if you don't want this resentment to build. Therapy can be a big help in those conversations, it's not the only way, but it's a good one.

It's totally reasonable to want sex to be a part of your relationship in some way. I'd guess that most people want that!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Violet_Sky posted:

Question: Lately I found that getting off for getting off's sake does nothing for me. I need be to emotionally invested. I'm a cis woman on SSRIs which I'm sure aren't helping. But when I try to get off normally I just get bored. Is my junk broke or am I just demisexual?

SSRIs can certainly affect sex drive. If this is something you want to fix, I'd probably start by talking with your doctor about it.

But there's nothing wrong with you unless it's a problem. Lots of people don't have much interest in sex outside of an emotional connection. So maybe that means you're demisexual, at least at the moment? It's a label, if calling yourself demisexual is useful for you right now, then great.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

trilobite terror posted:

apropos of “trying butt stuff”. Is there a tactful way to market oneself/weed out potential dates wherein I don’t have to waste a bunch of time and effort and money getting to the point where I find out that they’re never gonna meet my wants?

I don’t mean in some unrealistic or unrealized way. The kind/quality of sex that I’m looking for I’ve had, I had it frequently and regularly for five years, and it’s not particularly like outré or weird or niche.

I just mean like—is there a phrase you can put on a dating profile that’s like: “if you’re not into butt sex or bdsm, don’t even waste our time”?

I’ve been really put off dating for the past few years. My ex fiancée that I lived with in my 20s (I’m 34 now) was basically perfect in that regard, I could get into details and I probably will in another post because my hangups do go farther than this, there are attributes about her specifically that I would love to find in another partner, but at the minimum it would be nice to not be completely and utterly disappointed by the people that I date after having put in weeks/months of time and expense.

I don’t have a ton of time or money to throw at dating and when I do date it takes a lot of work to make it fit (I’m in the early stages of running my own business) and it sucks poo poo to get three-four dates in with a person, or four months like my last long-term relationship which shambled on for a year before I finally pulled the plug, start bonding with them/etc, and then have to come to a decision point like “this person will never, ever do butt stuff” or “this person will never be particularly competent or enthusiastic about blowjobs”, “this person doesn’t have nearly the sex drive that you have”, etc.

Like dating on OkCupid, etc, where you answer a bunch of questions about yourself has at least yielded somewhat better results than the times I’ve dated some whitebread becky with a good engineering job from Hinge, but also they’re OkCupid results (if you know you know) and OkCupid is arguably more of a relative backwater today than it was in 2018. Fetlife isn’t a dating site, though I’ve hooked up with a few people from there and they’ve been fun. But unless you happen to end up in bed together on the first night, you can’t go into a normal date guns blazing like “so how do you feel about anal?” without raising red flags. Mostly I’m just venting, I think, IDK that there’s an answer beyond “keep on keeping on”. Yes I’ve been to therapy.

You mention Fetlife and BDSM -- have you tried going to events in your local kink scene? Fetlife's not a dating site, correct, but it is the de facto repository of all the events you can go to to meet people you might want to date. Keep in mind that munches, classes, etc are also not meat markets, they're meetups.

Otherwise I think it's totally fair to put on a dating profile that you're into x/y/z, it's important to you, and that being open to explore those things is a must for anything serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Silicone is fine, maybe better, for penetrative sex, but you're right that the cleanup is awful, and you can't use it with silicone toys. In general, I recommend a gel-consistency water-based lube, especially if you're using toys. In my experience, not all lubes are created equal *at all* for butt stuff. My current favorite is Sutil Rich, but it's pricey. You want something that's going to last a long time and not get tacky. Unfortunately, the stuff you can get for super cheap in quantity is usually pretty bad at that.