Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Grandmother of Five posted:

men generally face in one direction at a time only

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
If this thread and the /r/relationships thread ever met, the resulting poly/anti-poly reaction would wipe out half of this galaxy.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Turtlicious posted:

tbf in this thread, we post positively, and healthily about our sex lives, so that we can learn more about it, and because we're comfortable talking about sex.

R/Relationships is where you go to find the absolute loving worst of the world, because it's extremely stupid people getting taken advantage of in 7/10 posts, with the rest being a mix of funny, sad, and unnecessary.

If you spend all day reading about polyamorous relationships failing, because you read the internet's cheaper and worse version of" Ask Lisa," you're going to think they suck and can't work.

If you spend all day talking about sex, you're going to find people who are cool with polyamory, because that's kind of what having an open mind and a healthy thought process about sex eventually leads too, it's going to come up eventually, and you have to decide what you want.

I've seen no evidence that the people posting here are any smarter, nor their problems any less pedestrian.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
To get you to buy more of them I suppose. If it really is silicone it should last pretty darn long, you can even boil em. I prefer mine al-dente.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Silicone lube is fine with all kinds of condoms.

Oil-based lube are not fine with latex condoms.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

KillHour posted:

So yeah, if your condom has silicone based lube on it, it will eat through the ring.

Not necessarily. It depends on the quality of the silicone lube and the toy in question. Even if it's bad I don't think you would see that much more than just some deformation; "eat through the ring" sounds a bit dramatic, but I guess it is not impossible if they're incompatible and you use them together a lot.

You could simply put some of the lube on your finger and vigorously rub some spot on the ring if you want to see if they should not go together.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
It's probably nothing. You're likely used to having it a certain way, or maybe something about the position is cramping your style, like say a person bouncing on your bladder.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
If you have sort of a hook-shaped penis you need to be careful when pulling out.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Colonel J posted:

Our (gf and I) 6th year anniversary is coming up and I'm planning to surprise my GF with a hitachi magic wand. Good idea?

Put a sock-puppet on the Hitachi, then jump out of a closet wielding it when she comes home.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Some people just don't like kissing, but if it gave you pretty much nothing, especially at the start of the relationship or whatever, then that's a pretty good sign you might not be into her all that much.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
When I kiss I want you to go at my mouth like it's Hungary. :shrug:

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Some women cum from you looking at them funny, others never do. Your partner might need years of built up trust and intimacy as well as a very powerful vibrator to get there, or just a guy she fancies a bit more. There's no way to know until you know. Try not to worry about it and have fun.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 21, 2023

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The quality of the sex, or the fun I have had sharing it with another person has never really related to whether or not they or I came. Enthusiasm, personal connection and novelty is what sticks with you, in my opinion.

That said, it sounds like a challenge. I don't believe anything is ever hopeless, but maintaining realistic expectations and finding someone who shares them could be tough. Hell, that's often challenging for able-bodied people.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Antivehicular posted:

That's fair, but given how common an attitude "femsub BDSM is empowering and liberating to everyone and basically the default, and any woman who isn't into it is some kind of prude" still seems to be in sex-positive circles, it's not a particularly funny joke.

Maybe not related, but research shows kink role preferences to a very large degree mirror mainstream gender roles, particularly for women.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

The Real Amethyst posted:

I ejaculated blood this morning after a night of sex :ohdear:

Waiting on results of an STI test but I'm thinking this might just from her playing with my dick/balls too roughly

Like, how much? Trace amounts of blood from your prostate, or indeed from nicking your urethra, is not terribly uncommon. Most STIs have an incubation period, but definitely get checked.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
That blog seems a bit over the top. I mean, even if you agree with the general thesis that cis people shouldn't "play" with gender expression, how is it the comics fault that strapless strapons are not particularly good for loving?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Silicone lube is slick, but doesn't really provide much in the way of "padding", which might or might not be to your preference for stuff like anal sex. It also means a grain of sand or whatever can get pretty irritating.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Lead out in cuffs posted:

edit: actually, on Googling, here's someone who went and tested a whole bunch of lubes and then categorized them according to the WHO criteria in that guidance I posted:

https://phallophilereviews.com/ph-balanced-lubricant-guide-safety/#Complete_pH_Osmolality_Ratings

... and then goes ahead and recommends coconut oil as anal lube. Yeah, it feels a bit slick on your fingers, but it absorbs quick and does not really allow for thrusting. Like, have they ever given a massage? Your hands are not slipping all over someone's back are they? Also guaranteed to go everywhere and stain your bed.

Use silicone lube for your butt if you're not using a silicone toy and you like the feel of it. Otherwise look into your water-based options.

A lot of people don't have much trouble even with objectively bad lubes, but if you're sensitive there's no guarantee even something pretty nice like Sliquid won't sting.

There are a couple of low osmosity water based lubes with the right pH for asses. "Probe Thick Rich" is one of these. It's a real simple recipe with three ingredients, and uses grapefruit seed extract instead of the citric acid that Sliquid and a lot of other "natural and safe" lubes go for.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

thotsky posted:

There are a couple of low osmosity water based lubes with the right pH for asses. "Probe Thick Rich" is one of these. It's a real simple recipe with three ingredients, and uses grapefruit seed extract instead of the citric acid that Sliquid and a lot of other "natural and safe" lubes go for.

Long lasting is not really achievable with water-based lubes, although I guess everything is relative. They usually reactivate well with some spit or a spray bottle or whatever.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I mean, you probably just either have a rift in your urethra somewhere that's healed funny and reopens when you roughhouse, or an infection like prostatitis, but if you're over 40 and there's quite a lot of blood it could be worth checking out.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

jabby posted:

Anyway, that's my medical rant. HSV concerns people way more than it should, getting the blood test is usually a bad move because then you're stuck with that information. Source: worked in a UK GUM clinic, saw (and had to counsel people through) a lot of freak-outs about herpes.

Concerns governments enough to pay you to council people about it, and in my countries case, to have guidelines that say you should inform your partners about your infection status before you have sex. Hardly a nothing-burger.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

jabby posted:

I mean I was paid to tell people not to worry about it while I treated them for other, more serious stuff like chlamydia or gonorrhoea. The blood test isn't part of a sexual health screen on the NHS, it's just not considered a public health issue.

The informing people thing is important to think about before having the blood test though. You might go from being in the majority of people who *have* HSV-1 to the fraction of people who *know* they have HSV-1, which has potentially more lasting implications than the virus itself.

Lots of people have chlamydia without knowing it and for most people it goes away on its own after a year. Neonatal Herpes is super serious. The fact that the social stigma of herpes is so detrimental probably has something to do with why it is not a part of the standard screening (also, peeing in a cup is cheaper then having to take and process a blood test). It seems unlikely that kind of stigma is completely irrational.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Shine posted:

It's mostly because it's more expensive than all of our other tests combined, and it often gives false results...

We don't need to burn millions of dollars on subpar tests that cause more psychological damage than they do to prevent physical damage.

I did speculate about them being expensive. As for detection issues, that's kind of old news. Yes, it is best to be able to do a swab of a lesion, but there's a bunch of options now, many of them very good, and soon you'll be able to walk out of the clinic with a diagnosis, or test at home: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8293188/

Weird that people are working on that kind of thing, seeing as it's no big deal and all.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 13, 2023

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
herpling

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

RFC2324 posted:

A chaser is someone who is into trans people because all they want is a chick with a dick, or the opposite. That simple. If you are with a girl because she has a dick, thats just gross as gently caress and fetishizing the hell out of us

Is the negated version of this problematic? I am currently using Feeld for dating and a ton of cis people on there say they find queer people hot, and are sometimes explicitly into queer people only. Presumably there's a political/communal element at play there too, but aesthethics/novelty seems to be part of the appeal.

I kind of figured that the author of the comic had a similar thing going on, but I only read a few of them a long time ago so.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 14, 2023

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Grassy Knowles posted:

I'm not sure i fully understand the scenario you're describing so please do not take any of this as my fully formed opinion.
1.Do they explicitly say they are cis?
2. What do you mean "grandfathering in transphobia"?
3. What do you mean by "aesthetics/novelty?"
4. Not all queer people are trans, are you saying these are cishet folks?

1. Feeld doesn't provide that option, but they're not identifying as trans.

2. Presumably their attraction includes trans people, and seeing as they're explicitly not into cis straight people, their "transness" must be part of the appeal, which is chasing and therefore transphobia.

3. I guess I mean libidinal attraction? Like, whatever makes them feel that queerness is hot rather than just "this is my tribe".

4. Surely some of them are, but I figure there's a huge spectrum at play.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

RFC2324 posted:

Do you see why anyone who is attracted to me because of what I have is a danger to me?

I see it. That makes sense, and I am sorry you're having a tough time of it. It helps a lot that your experience and rules for living are different from those of other people who have posted here.

I guess where I get lost on this is that when discussing people being problematic, people tend to throw out "correct" standards of thought and behavior with the implication that if everyone would just reflect on them enough, they would realize an underlying internally consistent logic and these problems would all be solved. Even posts in this thread advocating for a more permissive approach to sexuality or gender issues adopt this language of there being an obvious truth that people are missing or forgetting, and it gnaws on me when the conflicts and faultlines are so numerous and obvious.

I seem to have internalized some kind of expectation that queer people should be unified on this, but thankfully, it is not sitting right with me. Sexuality is incredibly complex and personal even when you leave out gender issues. While reflection is useful, I now think the underlying issues probably can not be fully addressed by unpacking personal ideology; they might be a symptom of the oppression queer people face, and would therefore be as unique as their experiences.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I would recommend getting one of the reasonably priced "reusable" tenga products. The sensation is intense, and novel for a little while. They won't last forever, but you'll likely get sick of cleaning it before it breaks.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

John Lee posted:

Oh yeah, she definitely has vaginismus, she's talked to her therapist and her gyno about it, but no luck
She acquired it a handful of years ago, and hasn't made much progress since then - we've looked at, like, a set of dilators, but she says it'd be "weird" (and, to be fair, she's right, it IS weird).
To be clear, though, she is pretty small (4'9", I think?) and - dunno how to put this delicately, so I guess I won't bother - you know how, like, people with dwarfism often still have typical-sized genitals, because of [waves hands vaguely] Evolution and whatnot? It's not quite like that here, my SO was born prematurely, and legitimately has problems with, e.g. improperly-sized internal organs because of it, and it sure looks like it affects her personal areas. Still, it wasn't a significantly prohibitive issue until the vaginismus, just required a bit of care, but I imagine it's not helping now..

It's extremely unlikely that her pussy is too small. She has vaginismus, and doesn't particularly want to seek treatment for it. That's plenty.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Not discounting the trauma at all, but inability to orgasm and not enjoying sex is a super common side effect of SSRI's so it sounds like your fix for your premature ejaculations maybe worked too well. If you're not depressed I would talk to a doctor about getting off them so you can get off. If you do need antidepressants for other reasons you can talk to your doctor about supplementing with or switching to Bupropion.

That said, it sounds to me like you've built up a bit of resentment towards your wife over her lack of understanding. Even if your sexual functioning was completely normal that can throw a spanner in the works, so if I am reading you correctly that should be addressed.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 6, 2023

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
It could very well be psychological. The other alternatives I know of would be a history of addiction, having been or being on psychiatric medication, or brain/spine damage. You kind of have to get a real doctor to look into it. Is it the same with masturbation?

Disappointment and hurt feelings grow into resentment with time. It's a poison that will kill your relationship in my opinion. It's really good that you managed to start making progress on this yourself though. It's your body, and while it's understandable that you're upset that she's not engaging with you more on this you should avoid using her lack of involvement to procrastinate. That might confuse the issue and you could even start blaming her for it, subconsciously.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 6, 2023

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

trilobite terror posted:

I just mean like—is there a phrase you can put on a dating profile that’s like: “if you’re not into butt sex or bdsm, don’t even waste our time”?.

Yes. Some people put a ⛓️ emoji in their profile. However, if you're a dude this is going to cut into both the number of matches you get and the quality of the matches. Basically, it is a red flag, and you will be matching with women with a high tolerance for those.

I have had better luck with using platforms that are kink-oriented in general, like Feeld.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Pixelante posted:

What is it with you and this determination to get matches even if they're not compatible?

OP is not looking for anything particularly niche; they want anal and enthusiastic blowjobs. It's totally fair to answer that yes, there are ways of saying you're kinky in your profile, but that it could do more harm than good depending.

I'm doing just fine though, thanks for repeatedly asking.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 9, 2024

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Water based lubes will never give the same performance as silicone ones will, but they do provide a bit more cushioning which can be nice.

The most important bit about using water based lubes for buttstuff is getting one that doesn't irritate you. Some swear to Sliquid Sassy, but while it's pretty good on paper it can still sting for some and the performance is not any better than cheaper alternatives IMO. Slippery Stuff Gel and Probe Thick Rich are much better suited, they're cheap, can be bought in bulk and especially the latter has respectable performance that is easily replenished with spit or a spritz of water.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 18, 2024

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
It goes away if you use soap, but honrstly it's a decent moisturizer and I don't see the need to fuss too much with cleanup. Using it with silicone toys, the price and it royally loving up expensive linen are the only downsides.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

The Real Amethyst posted:

I return once again with penis of problems!

Does anybody else get a very irritated/inflamed penis after regular sex? Sometimes it even looks like it's about to bleed but thankfully it hasn't yet. Other times the penis itself gets very dry or rashy looking

It will resolve after 1-2 days without sex.

I've tested twice for STI's, it's not that.

We've tried lube which helps but not entirely. Is this normal or do I just have a particularly sensitive penis?

Are you using a condom? If so, you might have a sensitivity to latex. If you're using lube you might be sensitive to something in it and you should try another brand.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
No judgement, but what's your overall health like? Could this be caused by weight issues or poor pelvic health? Are you old? Do you have prostate or urination issues?

I find that my plumbing is generally deteriorating with age, and I imagine that one could mitigate that somewhat by being in shape and maybe even doing kegels, but I am not a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Not sure what it would do for semen issues, but being dehydrated can definitely cause a bunch of other plumbing issues so worth a shot making water drinking a routine.