Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Any American on that plane was either a commie sympathizer or a savvy captain of industry, its hard to determine how to feel about this.

malayghazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Hopefully r/bitcoin will organize a relief effort group to show up and offer their help. They could walk around shouting "M'lasian?" over and over.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

pilots from developing countries cant fly good. remember when the ewoks in star wars took over those walker things? that's what it's like when some guy from malaysia tries to fly or hell drive for that matter

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

rip boeing 777. they are nice planes so that's the biggest lost here probably. also the captain that had like 18k hours flown

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
maybe they just misplaced the plane and those oil slicks are from whales

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

lol what would they land on?

first airplane crowd surf

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It're pretty clear to anyone watching the radar that the so-called 'plane' is actually a missile. There's already several reports of 'maintenance workers' who have never been seen before or since placing boxes on the support beams for the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea.

What isn't the government telling us? :tinfoil:

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Well poo poo. CNN and others are reporting that there were people using stolen passports from Austria and Italy on the plane. Italian foreign ministry confirms there were no actual Italian citizens on the flight.

E: Austrian ministry says Austrian citizen who was supposedly on the plane is actually safe, in Australia right now, and had their passport stolen.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 8, 2014

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

lol that owns

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
so this is how yanukovich is escaping prosecution in ukraine

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

doomisland posted:

lol that owns

Not really man, lots of people died Jesus don't you know anything?? gently caress

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

El Grillo posted:

Not really man, lots of people died Jesus don't you know anything?? gently caress

same

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

roboshit posted:

I dont give a poo poo about all those people that died. I loled a lot when i read about it infact. im a complete sociopath and dont have feelings

see that's how to turn tragedy into humor.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

Trees and Squids posted:

wow... my attractive white girlfriend is in vietnam on vacation... i hope She is okay

You're getting cucked up

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Seriously though you're all loving retards, shut up.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
^^^ oh man, cops are here

El Grillo posted:

we don't know that. the stolen passport passengers could be scientologist hi-jackers that flew the plane to their underwater butt-sex hideout

vvv :parrot:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Yeah the plane said it crashed and wasn't responding to any hails because it was sneaking out to go party with the other planes that are home from college and they bought beer god plane dad you don't understand.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm hearing a lot of unconfirmed reports that the plane actually flew through the atmosphere and has esccaped earth's gravity. Current destination unknown!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Video from a recovered GoPro camera just posted.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Wait is this relavent again?

:lost:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

El Grillo posted:

Well poo poo. CNN and others are reporting that there were people using stolen passports from Austria and Italy on the plane. Italian foreign ministry confirms there were no actual Italian citizens on the flight.

E: Austrian ministry says Austrian citizen who was supposedly on the plane is actually safe, in Australia right now, and had their passport stolen.

So what you're saying is justice was served in an ironic twist.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It was a Boeing, my bet is the wings snapped off and everyone was absolutely hosed in the minute it took to descend to their watery graves

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

My Imaginary GF posted:

It was a Boeing, my bet is the wings snapped off and everyone was absolutely hosed in the minute it took to descend to their watery graves

They should have started flapping their arms.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

I'm hearing a lot of unconfirmed reports that the plane actually flew through the atmosphere and has esccaped earth's gravity. Current destination unknown!

It's currently flying over Jurrassic Vietnam. If they turn around, they might be able to get to 1940's Hanoi.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
drat. I had just watched Non-Stop last weekend. That hit really close to home here, man.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Remember when the fire truck drove over that survivor's body? lmbo.

When people found that out I said I hope the firefighters were going to investigate the screw-up and goons freaked out at me for firefighter hating and said accidents happen, it was just an accident man ain't no reason to it or way to avoid it.

Like I've done emergency response procedures and stuff and if the emergency response itself got someone killed rather than the mishap the next year of my life would be pretty rough as we figured out how something went so poorly regardless of how "tense" and "sudden" the mishap is.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 8, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fallom posted:

When people found that out I said I hope the firefighters were going to investigate the screw-up and goons freaked out at me for firefighter hating and said accidents happen, it was just an accident man ain't no reason to it or way to avoid it.

Yep if it was cops though. You'd be a hero.

Oh well there are no fire trucks in the ocean this time. Maybe some speedboats will chop people up? We can go after the speed boat people then!

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
haha everyone I know is poor and white they didnt die today good luck chinese

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Fallom posted:

Like I've done emergency response procedures and stuff and if the emergency response itself got someone killed rather than the mishap the next year of my life would be pretty rough as we figured out how something went so poorly regardless of how "tense" and "sudden" the mishap is.

Goons always do this. As soon as a disaster or terrible event happens, anyone in emergency services are heros and courageous.

During the manhunt for the Boston bombers, a cop was shot while sitting in his car doing his patrol at a college campus. Everyone called this guy a hero for literally doing what he was paid to do everyday, taking the same risks as he did the day before. He didn't knowingly put himself in danger, he sat in a car, doing his job, and some rear end in a top hat walked up to him and shot him in the face.

If this happened to a cable repairman it would be unfortunate, but a cop means he is a HERO :can:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No. 6 posted:

Goons always do this. As soon as a disaster or terrible event happens, anyone in emergency services are heros and courageous.

During the manhunt for the Boston bombers, a cop was shot while sitting in his car doing his patrol at a college campus. Everyone called this guy a hero for literally doing what he was paid to do everyday, taking the same risks as he did the day before. He didn't knowingly put himself in danger, he sat in a car, doing his job, and some rear end in a top hat walked up to him and shot him in the face.

If this happened to a cable repairman it would be unfortunate, but a cop means he is a HERO :can:

thanks for posting

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

thanks for posting

You're welcome.

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.
I predict good things for this thread in the week or so where nothing will happen because they're busy looking for the plane

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Guys look the plane is safe and flying again!

http://www.flightradar24.com/MAS370/2d9dd5b

(seriously out of respect they just had to reuse the same flight number the next day...)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Remember when we had a glut of plane crashes? China catchin up drat

Cold Fusion
May 27, 2001

Tun Razak did it

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008

No. 6 posted:

The word 'Hero' is as overused as 'Genius'

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
*in a british voice* March the eighth two thousand and fourteen. A Malaysian Airlines triple seven departs from Kuala Lumpur International Airport on route to Beijing.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

El Grillo posted:

Could well be terrorism, then.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

*in a british voice* March the eighth two thousand and fourteen. A Malaysian Airlines triple seven departs from Kuala Lumpur International Airport on route to Beijing.

like, what qualifications do you need to be the guy who goes around staring at pieces of burnt plane and then says "ah, clearly a pilot training issue with the right aeleron"?

because that's literally my dream job based on television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

A routine flight ends in tragedy. Now investigators must put together the pieces to find out what caused a modern jet liner to fall from the sky.

• Locked thread