Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FullLeatherJacket posted:

like, what qualifications do you need to be the guy who goes around staring at pieces of burnt plane and then says "ah, clearly a pilot training issue with the right aeleron"?

because that's literally my dream job based on television

can you handle 12 hours a day of holding a piece of metal up in front of you with one hand, then another in the other hand, and going "hmm...hmmmmmmm...."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Skipjack posted:

A routine flight ends in tragedy. Now investigators must put together the pieces to find out what caused a modern jet liner to fall from the sky.

gravity had something to do with it, of this i am certain.

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.
Not always. Sometimes the sensors on the plane get hosed up and the pilots get confused and fly full-throttle into the sea lol

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
the guy from austria's passport was stolen two years ago... maybe someone shouldve canceled that passport number at some point between then and now

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Skipjack posted:

Not always. Sometimes the sensors on the plane get hosed up and the pilots get confused and fly full-throttle into the sea lol

Hrrrm, the autopilot turned off. Better pull the stick back until we all die lol

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Next up on "Why Planes Crash." Fire makes planes crash sometimes

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Obviously.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Fallom posted:

can you handle 12 hours a day of holding a piece of metal up in front of you with one hand, then another in the other hand, and going "hmm...hmmmmmmm...."

obsessively categorising a thing is basically all i've ever wanted to do with my time

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Obviously predator took it down. Time to call Arnold and Jesse Ventura

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Obviously the muslim separatists from western China are stepping up their terror campaign. First, slice up a train station. Second, steal a bunch of passports and do a 9/11 on China.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Three Olives is gay

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

JakeP posted:

Three Olives is gay

Yeah but airplanes turn me on too.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Umiapik posted:

Could well be terrorism, then.

Terrorism kind of requires a reason and that reason to be communicated to the people.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

:lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost::lost:

errad
May 31, 2013

Bolivar posted:

Terrorism kind of requires a reason and that reason to be communicated to the people.

Does your book on terrorism also mandate that the reason be communicated instantly or within x number of hours?

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
Malaysian Airlines CEO Mark Karpeles apologizes for the inconvenience, announces passengers will be returned "soonish"

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Was it a plane full of gay people, 3 olives?

something something fabulous condo?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

errad posted:

Does your book on terrorism also mandate that the reason be communicated instantly or within x number of hours?

Yes? Kind of loses effectiveness if you don't immediately claim it as if you weren't expecting it. Nobody's going to take you seriously if you wait a few weeks before going "Yeah, we did it.".

tough stains
May 23, 2007

Desire gets the upper hand over insight and foresight and the results are often needless entanglement.

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Malaysia: the only country in SE asia with poo poo indigenous food.

You misspelled Philippines

errad
May 31, 2013

Fallom posted:

Yes? Kind of loses effectiveness if you don't immediately claim it as if you weren't expecting it. Nobody's going to take you seriously if you wait a few weeks before going "Yeah, we did it.".

While I agree in part..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsibility_for_the_September_11_attacks

quote:

For several months after the 9/11 attacks, no one, nor any group, claimed responsibility for the attacks.

I was merely making the point that just because no one has claimed it, doesn't mean that this definitely was not an act of terrorism/that no one ever will claim responsibility.

errad fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 9, 2014

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

What are you doing this weekend 3 Olives? I'm in the Dallas area for a bit and bored. Maybe we can get some beer? *not gay though*

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

No. 6 posted:

What are you doing this weekend 3 Olives? I'm in the Dallas area for a bit and bored. Maybe we can get some beer? *not gay though*

gay sex incoming. its for you.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Arakan posted:

the guy from austria's passport was stolen two years ago... maybe someone shouldve canceled that passport number at some point between then and now

Probably overstaying his visa in Australia and didn't want to go back.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

No. 6 posted:

Ginger Man or Ft. Worth Flying Saucer are great beer places in/near Dallas.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Biscuit posted:

Probably overstaying his visa in Australia and didn't want to go back.

Just another innocent case of Austria/Australia confusion. I'm sure the two countries have a red phone for the other country just to deal with that kinda poo poo.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hugh Malone posted:

Ginger Man or Ft. Worth Flying Saucer are great beer places in Dallas.

Been to Gingerman in Southlake and Flying Saucer in Sundance. Neither are Dallas, but I don't know Dallas very well.

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
I think Obama knows where it is but he won't tell us unless we let him run again.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
we got no troubles life is de bubbles

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Just another innocent case of Austria/Australia confusion. I'm sure the two countries have a red phone for the other country just to deal with that kinda poo poo.

tbf, they have warning signs over there

El Grillo posted:

Well poo poo. CNN and others are reporting that there were people using stolen passports from Austria and Italy on the plane. Italian foreign ministry confirms there were no actual Italian citizens on the flight.

E: Austrian ministry says Austrian citizen who was supposedly on the plane is actually safe, in Australia right now, and had their passport stolen.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
So we are approaching day two and they still know absolutely nothing according the the news conference going on right now. They are saying they have yet to find a single piece of debris and the oil slicks are still unconfirmed to be from the plane.

What the gently caress is going on there? Can't they at least easily check to see if it was jet fuel, wouldn't that at least be a little progress?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Someone you know on that plane or something? You seem very concerned.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

Three Olives posted:

What the gently caress is going on there? Can't they at least easily check to see if it was jet fuel, wouldn't that at least be a little progress?

the bottom of the ocean is pretty far down

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Three Olives posted:

So we are approaching day two and they still know absolutely nothing according the the news conference going on right now. They are saying they have yet to find a single piece of debris and the oil slicks are still unconfirmed to be from the plane.

unscrupulous ships dump heavy waste oil sometimes, maybe they already did. maybe that's what it is, i meant

you gonna grab a beer w/ no.6?

synftw
Jun 14, 2007
Chaos-Gnostic Satanist
He waited his whole drat life just to catch that flight, and when the plane crashed down he thought,

"Well. Isn't this nice."

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Three Olives posted:

yeah why havent they thoroughly scoured thousands of square miles of ocean in a day what the gently caress are my tax dollars paying for

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

If they cant find a drat plane I may trundle off to the gumdrop village and have tea with mrs weathersby while gossiping about cute boys.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 10, 2014

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Three Olives posted:

When that Air France plane crashed into the ocean it took a day or two to find debris. And it took two years to find the the actual wreckage.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
It's incredibly hard to locate down aircraft when you have no idea where it is. It's hard to find them when you have an idea of where it went down, especially when there is water involved. A few years ago a plane from the airfield I work at went down with two experienced pilots, no comms, just gone. Even though they knew within a thirteen square mile area of where they were doing maneuvers it took them almost two months to find the bird in the water.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
Quit it with the terrorism poo poo Boeing - stop making planes that explode

VV - http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-stolen-passports-raise-terrorism-fears-20140309-hvgpg.html

Jombo fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jombo posted:

Quit it with the terrorism poo poo Boeing - stop making planes that explode

Is boeing claiming terrorism?

If so :lol:

• Locked thread