Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I am eight hours away from flying on a 777. Guys, I don't want to disappear over the Pacific. I don't!:(

*pilot pulls back on stick*

"Hrm"

*pilot keeps pulling back*

*pulls back some more*

"Ummm"

*pulls it back real hard*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hurrr yeah let me look for this plane that never existed in the first place

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

cool

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

although that's clearly not a piece of the plane they're claiming it to be in the CNN article, the antonov-140 doesn't have a split rudder

edit: or it could just be the tail at an angle with one piece missing

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 10, 2014

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hofnar posted:

You should check into doing photo analysis for the CIA, you have a real gift

how long were you sitting on that post

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jorbe posted:

This got me thinking, how did people know that a ship sank back in the 1400's? Was Chinatown's ancestors sitting on the dock a week after a ship was supposed to return saying "it's gone guys. Columbus isn't coming back"?

That's exactly how it worked.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao it's 2014 and hundreds of people just straight up disappeared and nobody knows poo poo about what happened

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

june 2014: "well, at least it can't get worse" - malaysia airlines pres

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Randandal posted:

I think it's kinda interesting that pilot suicide was one of the theories circulated about mh370 and it seemed really stupid, and now this happens.

It's not like it hasn't happened before so calling it stupid is pretty baseless

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zogo posted:

Ex-girlfriend of Germanwings Flight 4U9525 co-pilot Andreas Lubitz speaks out
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ex-girlfriend-germanwings-flight-4u9525-110959446.html

'...she remembered that Lubitz had told her last year: “One day I will do something that will change the whole system, and then all will know my name and remember it."'

He's no liar.

lmao his legacy is a policy change regarding cockpit safety

good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think if all the other planes crash then the only one left will be MH370. Does this make sense to you guys? It makes sense to me

• Locked thread