Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
got a malaysian airlines flight next month to KL, good

good

edit by which i mean terrible for everyone involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

roboshit posted:

you should catch another flight because your extra 450 pounds on board may be the straw that breaks the camels back

nah cause i have to book 3 seats so the total weight is less

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Rad Russian posted:

So every airplane has GPS now no? This one had it off? Shouldn't they have the last location that the GPS was able to transmit down to like a 4 foot square at altitude of 0 right before crash?

I mean my cellphone can do it, even if battery dies I can go to a convenient website and see where it was last seen on GPS.

pretty sure they need more evidence than a loss of GPS location to be able to issue a statement about it crashing horribly into the ocean and everyone dying

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Malaysian airlines has a pretty good reputation I think, the SEA airlines you are thinking of are the extremely "budget" airlines like Tiger Airways and poo poo

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Ka0 posted:

A reminder that the air france 447 investigation took over 2 years to find the flight recorders (and over a hundred missing passengers still strapped to their seats) about 14000 feet deep in the atlantic ridge.

Yeah but they found wreckage within 5 days so at least they can say you know this thing is at the bottom of the ocean

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

facts:

there was a plane visible

there is no longer a plane visible

possible explanation:

the plane was flying over an ocean

the plane has limited fuel

the plane crashed into the ocean when it ran out of fuel or when the pilot crashed it

can someone double check my theories here

cause if a plane hits the ocean you can find it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447 <- found in four days)

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

bobfather posted:

Uhh, some debris was found from 447 was found in 4 days, but it took over 2 years and 22 million Euros to find the actual plane sitting under 13,000 feet of water, and they searched vast swatches of the ocean before they actually did find the plane.

Uhh, they found a vertical stabilizer and the body of a guy complete with a boarding pass in four days, floating in the open ocean dude. That plane is no longer missing, it's obviously crashed. The rest of the debris is what's now missing.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Maybe I'm crazy but I consider finding a vertical stabilizer in the ocean belonging to the flight I'm searching for enough evidence to conclude that the aircraft is not missing, it has in fact, crashed. The black boxes might be missing. The rest of the plane might be missing. But the flight itself, is no longer missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Hey everyone my Malaysian airlines flight got in ok just thought you would all like an update god bless repost if you love jesus.

• Locked thread