Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Ahhhhhhahahahaha... the French...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Video from a recovered GoPro camera just posted.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Fallom posted:

When people found that out I said I hope the firefighters were going to investigate the screw-up and goons freaked out at me for firefighter hating and said accidents happen, it was just an accident man ain't no reason to it or way to avoid it.

Like I've done emergency response procedures and stuff and if the emergency response itself got someone killed rather than the mishap the next year of my life would be pretty rough as we figured out how something went so poorly regardless of how "tense" and "sudden" the mishap is.

Goons always do this. As soon as a disaster or terrible event happens, anyone in emergency services are heros and courageous.

During the manhunt for the Boston bombers, a cop was shot while sitting in his car doing his patrol at a college campus. Everyone called this guy a hero for literally doing what he was paid to do everyday, taking the same risks as he did the day before. He didn't knowingly put himself in danger, he sat in a car, doing his job, and some rear end in a top hat walked up to him and shot him in the face.

If this happened to a cable repairman it would be unfortunate, but a cop means he is a HERO :can:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

thanks for posting

You're welcome.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

What are you doing this weekend 3 Olives? I'm in the Dallas area for a bit and bored. Maybe we can get some beer? *not gay though*

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hugh Malone posted:

Ginger Man or Ft. Worth Flying Saucer are great beer places in Dallas.

Been to Gingerman in Southlake and Flying Saucer in Sundance. Neither are Dallas, but I don't know Dallas very well.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Someone you know on that plane or something? You seem very concerned.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Three Olives posted:

I don't believe in meeting creepy people from the internet so it only seems fair not to subject other people to it.

I'll never get to see this condo, will I?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

why can't an airplane just up and turn into a blimp if there is trouble? Don't tell me the answer is physics.

Particle physics

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The Something Awful Forums > Main > GBS 1.4 > Another 777 crashed you probably knew someone on it (but it turns out their passport was stolen)

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

SO now they're claiming that the plane was hundreds of miles off course.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/11/malaysia-airlines-jet-missing_n_4942411.html

Edit: also LOL at anyone who thinks that a cellphone can be used either while in normal flight or while over the ocean. A cell tower has a limited reach morons.

No. 6 fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 11, 2014

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If I wanted to hide a plane, I'd stuff it up my gaping anus.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Angela Christine posted:

It's kind of funny that cell phones have become so ubiquitous in our daily lives that people forget there are places with no coverage.

I think it's less about cell phones being ubiquitous and more about people not understanding the basis of most technologies. I still meet people that think there is a monthly subscription to get a GPS signal on a device.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3613058

Was posted just a few days before this plane went missing. :corrupt:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Velvet Elvis posted:

Mystery solved. A Malaysian witch doctor believes that the plane is either still in the air or has crashed into the sea.

Schrödinger's Triple7

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It was shot down by associates of Rupert Murdoch in order to drive a news frenzy. This of course had to be cleared first with the lizard rulers in the UK.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

There are about 2,300 missing Americans everyday. I too am terrified that there are sleeper suicide bombers walking among us and phantom death planes above. I doubt I will ever be able to leave this basement due to this looming dread.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Fumble posted:

Did it cross an international date line? I have heard this can cause issues with modern avionics.

The date line is east of Australia, so the only way it could have crossed is well after it dropped out of tracking. Look at a loving map.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Is it be plausible that there was a major electrics failure, perhaps due to massive static discharge (e.g. lightning) that damaged/disabled communications and resulted in a fire which choked everyone to death including the pilots, ending in the plane ghost flying on a jacked-up auto pilot until it plunged into the sea?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

demonR6 posted:

I don't recall there being concerns over the weather in the area but at this point we are discussing meteors, missiles and aliens so.

You can have lightning even in a clear sky.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The plane carrying Waldo was stolen by Carmen Sandiago. Now you gumshoes must use your wits to wrap up today's case!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Al Borland posted:

Fixed

02:07:00 (Larry) We seem to be at the end of the cloud layer, it might be okay.

02:10:36 (Curly) Woob-woob-woob!

02:10:37 (Larry) Here we go, we're descending.

02:10:41(Larry) We're... yeah, we're in a climb.

02:10:55 (Curly) Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk!

02:11:21 (Curly) We still have the engines! What the hell is happening? I don't understand what's happening.

02:11:32 (Larry) drat it, I don't have control of the plane, I don't have control of the plane at all!

02:11:37 (Curly) Ruff! Left seat taking control!

02:11:43 (Moe) What the hell are you doing?

02:11:45 (Larry) We've lost control of the plane!

02:11:47 (Curly) We've totally lost control of the plane. We don't understand at all... We've tried everything.

02:12:14 (Curly) What do you think? What do you think? What should we do?

02:12:15 (Moe) Well, I don't know!

02:13:40 (Curly) Climb... climb... climb... climb...

02:13:42 (Moe) No, no, no... Don't climb... no, no.

02:13:43 (Curly) Descend, then... Give me the controls... Give me the controls!

02:13:57 *sounds of something spinning around on the cockpit floor*

02:14:23 (Curly) drat it, we're going to crash... This can't be happening!

02:14:27 (Moe) Ten degrees of pitch...

02:14:29 (Curly) Soitenly!

(Exactly 1.4 seconds later, the cockpit voice recorder stops).

Fixed it more

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

booshi posted:

I just can't wait for the made for TV movie(s) about this.

The Love Crash: A neglected and battered 777 tries to file for a divorce from her alcoholic abusive 747 spouse. Now she's missing and everyone's worried.

A Lifetime Special, tonight at 8.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Die in a plane crash.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Lobok posted:

I'm just sitting here with a clip of Hervé Villechaize saying "De plane de plane!" ready to be posted whenever it is found so that I can achieve world wide comedy stardom.

Preemptive 5'd.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Chinatown posted:

RIP In Peace, plane.

Rest in peace, in peace, plane?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I don't really like most fruit, but I did eat mangosteen in Bali and found them quite nice.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I've been friending "People You May Know" on Facebook all day, and it still don't know anyone on this plane. Advice please! TIA

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

James Polk posted:

well if they're dead their not going to Friend you back, lol

Ungrateful pricks.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Guys, Carmen Sandiego is still on the loose.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Wreckage confirmed, blackbox beacon located!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

April fools! Everyone's dead and will never be found!

Hahahahah. Good joke.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

They have to be getting low on fuel soon.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

mstrkrft posted:

or "breaking news"

Nah, the news is already broken.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It's probably hiding in plain sight. And since 2/3 of the surface of earth is ocean, that means it's likely hiding in the ocean. Did someone think to look there?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I sleep comfortably at night knowing in my heart of hearts that this plane experienced a major problem on board, of which the pilots did their best job to solve but were sadly unable to accomplish. Everyone is dead and it's probably the fault of a lazy engineer or mechanic.

Besides the loss of human life, the major issue here is the fact that we won't be able to gather any data from this event to incorporate in future changes to procedure or construction.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It'll turn out to be a dolphin wearing a radio transmitter.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Guys I think I found it. I can't believe no one tried google yet!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Has anyone bother to check the bathroom? When I can't find the wife, she's usually in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

amityville anus posted:

im more scared of asian people than i am of dying in a plane crash

Afraid they'll help you with your algebra homework or some poo poo?

• Locked thread