Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
maybe they just misplaced the plane and those oil slicks are from whales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
how exactly are the malaysians bumbling anything, its not like they are saying "here is the plane o woops nm rofl", they just dont know where the plane is cuz its probably at the bottom of the ocean somewhere

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
im just gonna text all my friends this afternoon, see if they know where it is. ya never know, if we all just text a few people maybe we can figure this mystery out!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
the cell phones aren't on, the ringing is just the delay from towers sending out signals to the phones. but yes this turning out to be a bit of a mystery

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Probably bullshit? first off i don't think you get very good data service out in the ocean, and if people were able to connect to a chat client, why didn't ANYBODY on the plane fire off a few texts telling them they've crashed/been hijacked or something?

Tumble fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 13, 2014

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Agrajag posted:

lol the amount of tinfoil hat posting going on in this thread is hilarious.

its wishful thinking; we'd love if something crazy happened and it turns out the plane got hijacked and now people are being held hostage in a secret jungle base
much more interesting than "plane crashed into the ocean, its hard to find because the ocean is big"

Malaysia should just remember that the airplane is always in the last place you look, and then extrapolate from there. its probably in the couch or underneath your jacket

Tumble fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 13, 2014

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
swamp gas

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Drunk & Ugly posted:

What happens to a body after a plane crash into the ocean like that? I mean I've seen the worst stuff on the net so I dont think a bloated plane crash victim would bother me, let alone what's left after 2 years in the ocean

must be one in some sort of academic paper or something

There won't be a drat thing left after a month, never mind 2 years.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
imagine if the plane shows up sunday but everybody on it doesnt know they are a week late cuz like, it went through a time portal.

makes ya think

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
the plane arrived safely a few minutes ago but everybody that was on it talks backwards!!!!!!!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Rashaverak posted:

*snip* Terrorists would claim responsibility if they'd accomplished their goal of crashing the airplane/killing innocents. */snip*

This a fallacy I've seen repeated around here.

Terrorists often don't claim their activities - http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._for_their.html

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

CactusWeasle posted:

"We cant find the plane in the ocean or on land, therefore we conclude there never was a plane. Welp, bye. "

Fly Solpistic Air.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
gotta love the 24 hour news cycle

"No new developments, so we're going to show you this footage of a hysterical mother. Be warned, it's disturbing and contains a very emotional scene"

*airs it 5 times in an hour and a half*

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
wait so do we think everybody on the plane is dead or whats going on now

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
there could still be people alive dont give up you guys.

quote this if u still have hope

Tumble fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
its fine

• Locked thread