Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The good news is there's a new James Bonding episode. Bad news it has Ali and Georgia again. Considering how most people hate the other ep they were in I'm not sure I should bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Unmature posted:

Dude, check your privilege.

But seriously, the only reason dorks hate on them is because they're women.

I dunno. I didn't dislike the other episodes that had women on it. I'll probably just check it out and bail if/when it starts to not be fun.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

erezaka posted:

Hi, I've barely watched any james bond movies and have no interest in doing so, but I like SUperego, is this podcast worth listening to?

Yeah, I haven't seen many Bond movies either and not in a while. I'd say try the 1st episode with PFT. You'll get an idea as to what the episodes are like. I've skipped bunch but the ones I like I enjoyed without seeing the movies. See if you like any of the guests and go with those. You can jump around. They're not that in depth. I'm rambling. Try episode 001 and go from there.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
FYI, It looks like there's a bunch of Bond movies just added to US Netflix. I haven't really seen many Bond films but I enjoyed the podcast. It'll be good to watch these and go back an listen to some of the episodes.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kangra posted:

The Living Daylights is up. Pretty good, though I expected them to make more of the Rambo/Afghanistan thing. Not as much in this one to make fun of except for Joe Don Baker. The episode also has some audio issues (mostly no movie audio, and Matt has no headphones so he can't follow).

Don't let the audio issues scare you off. It's not perfect but it's fine. Perfectly listenable. My biggest issue with the audio with the podcast is how it gets so silent when they stop speaking. Katie must use a noise gate or expander and when they're quiet for a second or two I wonder if my phone shut off or the playback supposed. Unless they're in a really noisy environment I think they should just leave to room tone in. Nitpicky, I know.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lookoutbelow posted:

Downcast tells me there's a new episode this morning (allegedly The Spy Who Loved Me), but the download goes sideways and the Nerdist site shows no such thing.

Same thing. I wonder if they pulled it to add some of the new info that came out. The title of the new movie and what Daniel Craig said about Austin Powers.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Unmature posted:

I feel real sorry for the people in this thread who don't get Dana Gould or Jonah Ray.

Dana Gould is ok. Sometimes great depending on the circumstances. He was kinda, meh, on the Bonding podcast. But not terrible either. There have been worse episodes. But there have been better.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Craig speak on the whole humorous vs serious Bond dichotomy recently?

Fake Edit:

quote:

“We had to destroy the myth because [the Austin Powers movies] hosed us,” Craig said. “I am a huge Mike Myers fan, so don’t get me wrong, but he kind of hosed us, made it impossible to do the gags.”

http://www.avclub.com/article/daniel-craig-says-austin-powers-hosed-james-bond--212553

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Tasteful Nude posted:

Basically this podcast is cool and good. I've only listened to like, the Dr. No and From Russia With Love episodes, but Skyfall's up for tomorrow, because I just watched it.
The Skyfall episode was a letdown for me. I'm not a huge Bond fan. Skyfall is my first Bond movie in years and the only Craig one I've seen. I really liked it. I liked the contrast of an aging Bond to the modern age. Maybe the movie hit you over the head with it but it's fine in an action movie.

I was excited to listen to the Skyfall Bonding ep but the didn't seem as into the movie as I was. Oh well.

• Locked thread