Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

1st AD posted:

TUF China is being produced by the channel it broadcasts on, but based on the look and feel of the production this season of TUF Brazil looks like it was done in-house.

Globo is fuckin' massive, when they actually make an effort they can do "good production values". I watched just a bit of season 1 and it was a lot lazier than this one in terms of production and editing. It helps that they're trying to "modernize" all of their shows, despite having soap operas with the same plot on primetime since 1980 or so.

Anyway, enough of random Brazil tidbits. Chael being a better coach than Wandy comes to no surprise whatsoever. He also picked the best MW hands-down from what we've seen on the qualifiers. Also, terrible TUF fights, yay! Can never get enough of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I will always love Wandy's dumb rear end. But I think it's about time for a Sonnen avatar change.

Were than any av sized moments of him and Serra together? Because that would really be The Best Thing.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Captain Log posted:

I will always love Wandy's dumb rear end. But I think it's about time for a Sonnen avatar change.

Were than any av sized moments of him and Serra together? Because that would really be The Best Thing.

If you haven't seen this, it's good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBhVMSuBmtg
Serra needs to do more work for the UFC.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Watching ep3 now...

- :lol: at Wandy graciously allowing these mens dreams to go forward because he's such a nice guy.
- "Welcome to team no apology"
- Aaaaaaaand a push. It begins.
- Ring girls competition is a half decent idea. Way to go TUF Brazil.

1st AD posted:

Also, are the octagon girl hopefuls also living in the house? :wtc:

Wow they managed to make this situation even worse than co-ed fighters. Awesome.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 26, 2014

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Seltzer posted:

If you haven't seen this, it's good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBhVMSuBmtg
Serra needs to do more work for the UFC.

Yeah, if I knew how technology worked I would screen cap and AV up the best moment I could find from that. Alas, I'm painfully dumb.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wow they managed to make this situation even worse than co-ed fighters. Awesome.

I'm not sure if they are, but there's a shot of one of the dudes making out with one of those girls in the preview? Seems like even if they don't live there they'll be hanging out on the regular.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

1st AD posted:

I'm not sure if they are, but there's a shot of one of the dudes making out with one of those girls in the preview? Seems like even if they don't live there they'll be hanging out on the regular.

No way they're living there, they don't want to lose all the ring girls by default due to pregnancy, being sued.

And cause half the contestants to get divorced.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

The ring girl competition is horrible. Other than that, it followed the TUF Brazil script to the letter. Rabid, instant team loyalty; cringeworthy product placement; terrible fight; crying men.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
What's wrong with the ring girl competition? It's sexist but no more so than the actual job.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

"If I were Chael I would've immediately beaten up Wandy, but he's a coward so he let it go to let cooler heads prevail."

*wandy ducks fight*

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I still want to know what Chael's bombshell was about. Will we ever know!?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What's wrong with the ring girl competition? It's sexist but no more so than the actual job.

Indeed, hard to see how *that's* the complaint, and to be honest an open vote is probably less sketchy than the casting couch, or however the current bunch were picked.

The concept of them being sent into the house amongst 16, isolated, bored, horny fighters is more of a concern.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

1st AD posted:

"If I were Chael I would've immediately beaten up Wandy, but he's a coward so he let it go to let cooler heads prevail."

*wandy ducks fight*

I laughed out loud at that. It just perfectly encapsulates the machismo culture that produces assholes like Thiago Silva or Vitor Belfort.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Why do the graphics on the show claim that Sonnen is a técnico? Everyone knows he's a rudo.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I am catching up and have no idea who these women are. They look a bit older but I am assuming they're actually 32.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

origami posted:

I am catching up and have no idea who these women are. They look a bit older but I am assuming they're actually 32.

The blonde one is a retired basketball player and is 54 (pretty bangin' for a 54 year old). The other one is a volleyball coach and is 53. At first glance it didn't seem like they had any reason being there other than being stand-ins for the Brazilian woman audience that they're trying to capture, but it seems like they do a good job of being buffers for Wanderlei and Chael.

Also, no new episode tonight; it's being delayed till tomorrow at 6pm ET for some reason.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

1st AD posted:

The blonde one is a retired basketball player and is 54 (pretty bangin' for a 54 year old). The other one is a volleyball coach and is 53. At first glance it didn't seem like they had any reason being there other than being stand-ins for the Brazilian woman audience that they're trying to capture, but it seems like they do a good job of being buffers for Wanderlei and Chael.

Also, no new episode tonight; it's being delayed till tomorrow at 6pm ET for some reason.

drat, certainly looking good in their fifties.

Also, episode will not air until tomorrow. Damnit.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Episode 4 is up but what the gently caress Chael is dubbed over this is bullshit

e: it's only for one solo interview so that's not so bad

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 31, 2014

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Lloyd Boner posted:

Episode 4 is up but what the gently caress Chael is dubbed over this is bullshit

e: it's only for one solo interview so that's not so bad

That makes it way weirder though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They probably dub him for Brazilian broadcast and whoever edited the FightPass version forgot to fix it.

Also, Chael teaching Hortencia to swing dance was :allears:

...and is he NOT lying about Wandy showing up drunk? Holy poo poo lol.

Chael should've chosen heavyweights first and picked Shoeface because gently caress :stare:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Shoe faaaaaaaaaaace!

I guess this is Chael's payback for a season of completely clowning Jon Jones.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

God damnit I want to see the next episode now. This is going to end up pretty funny if it turns out Wandy is actually a bit (or more) of a drunk.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Shoe faaaaaaaaaaace!

well there's a bunch of lame challenges that set up who has control of fight picks, so sooner or later chael's gonna pick up a couple of wins.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I like all of Wand's pointing and vigorous head nodding during his confessionals like he thinks he's pulling one over on Chael somehow. Dude thinks he's really clever.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Is anyone having problems watching this tonight? Episode doesn't show up on the Roku app at all, won't start up on the iOS app, and the stream keeps crapping out on my computer.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Just watched it online. Too lazy to recap this episode, but next weeks episode is "the fight" you see a bit more footage in the preview. Chael double legs Wanderlei flawlessly after ducking a lovely hook.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Just watched it online. Too lazy to recap this episode, but next weeks episode is "the fight" you see a bit more footage in the preview. Chael double legs Wanderlei flawlessly after ducking a lovely hook.

Yeah I was just able to finish watching it. The middleweight fight sucked and Chael's double leg was awesome in the preview. The best part was Wanderlei tore off Chael's jersey and thought it was some huge victory or something.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

confirmed

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

OP, please put this in the OP as a tl;dw for anyone interested in this tia

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

OP, please put this in the OP as a tl;dw for anyone interested in this tia

Watch this for 15 minutes and you wont even have to watch their fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

henkman posted:

Watch this for 15 minutes and you wont even have to watch their fight

seriously stylistically it couldn't be any more one sided if chael had power of attorney

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
The Chael/Silva fight has been pushed back to July, on the Weidman vs Machida card.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Brasseye posted:

The Chael/Silva fight has been pushed back to July, on the Weidman vs Machida card.

That's going to be a really sad card for Brazil.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Log posted:

That's going to be a really sad card for Brazil.

Why else would it be the Fourth of July weekend card?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Whoever is translating this poo poo is p bad, there's a team Sonnen fighter who is clearly saying they sparred 15 rounds and the subs say 13.

Also, Wanderlei showed up late and drunk lol to the fight announcement.

Edit: lmao a pajama party with the octagon girls. Somebody is gonna end their marriage here.

Edit 2: :stare: Gabi Garcia is loving huge and d'arced Wandy

1st AD fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 14, 2014

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gabi Garcia looks like a loving cartoon.

Wanderlei is a full blown 'tard. I need an AV of the moment Chael says, with his arms crossed during the Wandy showdown, "This is actually helping."

Then again, I'm almost certain in the split second Chael is taking Wandy down you see/hear Chael say, "loving Wanderlei!" It sounds like a sighed expletive you let out when your car won't start or you drop something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I like how one of Chael's fighters rushes in immediately to break it up, meanwhile Andre Dida comes in fists flying. Also afterwards he brags about clocking Chael in the back of the head and ripping his jersey off :stare:

If Wanderlei's hand really did get fractured in that slapfight, :laugh: Especially since he basically warns Chael not to get injured or break his hand before they fight

edit: I guess this works in the USA now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo2_iY0_x3Y

1st AD fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 14, 2014

• Locked thread