Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Someone needs to sit Wandy down and slowly and carefully explain to him how Chael made Anderson Silva a gazillion dollars. Guy is stupid as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Wow, Dida is a major loving rear end in a top hat smothered in Brazilian sauce.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/14/5611432/andre-dida-says-he-punched-chael-sonnen-to-stop-brawl-with-wanderlei

quote:

"I’m a trainer and I have my own gym, and I tell people to never do something like this," Dida told MMAFighting.com. "My intention was to separate them, but I had to do something. I acted by pure instinct. Sonnen has a bad reputation in Brazil, he talks trash about everybody, so it’s complicated to regret (what I did). I couldn’t let Wanderlei Silva in a situation like that."

"My intention was to separate them, but I saw that Sonnen was trying to punch him, so in my mind I realized I needed to get Sonnen out of there as fast as possible to make him stop punching Wanderlei. I would never let Wanderlei Silva in a bad situation in front of me. I punched Sonnen to make him stop, but he didn’t. (The other coaches) tried to get me out of there, but I came back and punched him again. I just wanted to get Sonnen out of there."

"Many people called me a coward, but that’s not true. I would be a coward if I did nothing," he said. "I was watching someone that I admire since I was 13 in a bad situation, so I had to do something. My body told me to punch him to make them stop fighting.

"I was hoping that Sonnen would stand up and fight me. I wanted to get him off Wanderlei, and now people call me a coward. Imagine that you’re in a situation like that. You’re in a supermarket and when you get back, someone in on top of your mother, your brother, your sister. Your instinct tells you to stop him as fast as possible. I did the same thing with Wanderlei Silva as soon as I saw that (Sonnen) was trying to hurt him."

"I had to sign a deal agreeing that I would never get involved in something like that in the UFC anymore, or I’ll get banned from the corner,"

I'm not a coward, it's just that Wanderlei is loving helpless and starts fights he can't finish habitually.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The full scene is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=177Nz93z9lc

Is Anderson Silva the only non-retarded dude to come out of Chute Boxe? It seems like everyone there is an aggressive dick looking to start a fight.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Shogun?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

With the amount of damage Shogun has taken at the hands of Jon Jones and Dan Henderson, I'm pretty sure he's on the fast track to Ninja-status retardation.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

1st AD posted:

Is Anderson Silva the only non-retarded dude to come out of Chute Boxe? It seems like everyone there is an aggressive dick looking to start a fight.

quote:

In a certain period of financial difficulty, Anderson Silva was making his living teaching jiu-jitsu classes and Rafael Cordeiro, Chute Boxe head coach at that time, didn't want him to continue. They had a heated argument in which Anderson was slapped on the face.

Afterwards, Anderson went to a place where Cordeiro was, accompanied by two guys, and held a shotgun while he was waiting for the coach to return. His two companions apparently lost their nerve and they talked Anderson out of the action, making him control himself and give up on his intent.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Anderson Silva was in poverty and Cordeiro forbade him from teaching BJJ to make money.

Also Cordeiro is a tremendous rear end in a top hat so

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

1st AD posted:

Anderson Silva was in poverty and Cordeiro forbade him from teaching BJJ to make money.

+ cat parasites = potential murderer

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
'punching one of these guys' isn't very high on the list of things I think will make it obvious I'm trying to stop a fight

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Everybody almost does a foolishness from time to time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
is there any dana white going nuts that someone sucker punches a company guy on television?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Next episode there will be, apparently Dida had to sign a contract stating he'd never do anything like that again or he'd be banned from UFC events :laugh:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if you can do that to chael sonnen on television and only have to sign a i promise to behave clause imagine what anyone can do to jason guida

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Marching Powder posted:

is there any dana white going nuts that someone sucker punches a company guy on television?

Principle Dana being beamed into a conference room or gym to remotely yell at people is one of the best things on TUF. From the clip at the end of the ep you can hear a bit, he scolds Chael and Wanderlei a bit "If you two want to fight for free on tv so I don't have to pay you that'd be great", but you know once he saw the footage he probably gave Chael a thankyou call for how he handled the situation and for creating tv gold. I know he gives Dida a bunch of poo poo as well. I really hope that bitch gets kicked off the show. What he did is such a loving wack thing to begin with but his defense of it made it even worse. I think he should be banned from the UFC period but I at least hope he gets off the show. I looked on twitter and even Brazilians are tearing him a new rear end in a top hat and calling him a bitch.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

lol apparently there's a Brazilian rumor going around that Chael was banging Hortencia. Even though I'm p sure Chael's wife was with him in Brazil.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah his wife was there. Definitely worse accusations to be made against someone, though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

1st AD posted:

lol apparently there's a Brazilian rumor going around that Chael was banging Hortencia. Even though I'm p sure Chael's wife was with him in Brazil.

That's kind of a dumb rumor, Yushin Okami was crashing at the place in Brazil with Chael and his wife. Plus his wife is pretty hot, if you're gonna go for some strange why go after an older version of your wife.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

1st AD posted:

Did you hear this from Guilherme Dias
Willie Dee's Brazilian step-cousin

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Martial arts came into my life to mean discipline and respect , and it happened when I was only 8 years old when I started practicing judo . I see the Responsibility of my ' sporting heroes " who have influenced my career and therefore I always felt obliged to reciprocate being an athlete who represented the sport with the same discipline and respect they taught me when I started almost 30 years ago . The fight between Wanderlei Silva and Sonnen on TUF Brazil embarrass me. First, because MMA is not free violence, it's a fight between prepared fighters inside the octagon. That's what I do . I do not brawl, I fight. Second, there is no more space for a sport like MMA accepting this behavior when the method itself has clear rules for unsportsmanlike attitudes outside the ring . Third and most importantly , the MMA can not , ever, influence behavior where the discussion ends in brawl as if it were the appropriate behavioral model . Millions of young people are subjected to violence inside and outside the school, the television can not be driving this behavior and even less , athletes should represent any violent attitude by uncontrolled , whatever the provocation whatever. MMA fighters must urgently be aware that their behavior inside and outside of octagons can influence millions of people for good and for evil , I chose to influence for good because the MMA also chose this path . Anything outside of that has ceased to be MMA fight and it is definitely not represent me,

/

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001
Wanderlei talking poo poo about Chael as a coach is funny... didn't he lose all or almost all of his matches in the season with him and Vitor? I remember Vitor having to trade a couple of his guys to Wanderlei's team since there was no one on Wanderlei's team to fight in the semi finals.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Because MMA hates me I'm sure my Wandy to Sonnen AV change now guarantees something awful will happen.

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
Wanderlei is not making himself look good here. He is acting like a total rear end in a top hat. They are giving Chael a hero edit, but that may just be because that was the easiest way to cut the storyline. The assistant coach is a real treasure.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

corillon posted:

Wanderlei is not making himself look good here. He is acting like a total rear end in a top hat. They are giving Chael a hero edit, but that may just be because that was the easiest way to cut the storyline. The assistant coach is a real treasure.

I don't necessarily think they're giving Chael the "hero edit". I just think he doesn't do anything stupid. He already coached a TUF season and is a news anchor and handles the show professionally. Obviously the UFC likes Chael, but they like Wanderlei and the show is being marketed first and foremost to Brazil; fightpass viewers are an afterthought. I think the editing is even handed. You have a lot of fighters praising Wanderlei and his sessions (despite them being sloppy), but you can't not put in Wanderleis stupid rage rants because they're great for tv. If you wanna see someone edited bad see the Roy season where dopey music would literally play over his monologues at times and afterwards it would cut to Dana White openly saying what Roy was saying was stupid and wrong (don't go for unnecessary finishes it's a long show and you could get injured, worry about going to the UFC). Also they literally designed the coaches challenge so Roy would lose.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 16, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Please stop making me want to watch that season, tia

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Principle Dana being beamed into a conference room or gym to remotely yell at people is one of the best things on TUF. From the clip at the end of the ep you can hear a bit, he scolds Chael and Wanderlei a bit "If you two want to fight for free on tv so I don't have to pay you that'd be great", but you know once he saw the footage he probably gave Chael a thankyou call for how he handled the situation and for creating tv gold. I know he gives Dida a bunch of poo poo as well. I really hope that bitch gets kicked off the show. What he did is such a loving wack thing to begin with but his defense of it made it even worse. I think he should be banned from the UFC period but I at least hope he gets off the show. I looked on twitter and even Brazilians are tearing him a new rear end in a top hat and calling him a bitch.

"i punched him in the back of the head because i didn't want him to beat up my friend" is a pretty good reason to punch someone in the back of the head.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

david carmichael posted:

"i punched him in the back of the head because i didn't want him to beat up my friend" is a pretty good reason to punch someone in the back of the head.

What? you seriously can't be defending Dida right now. I feel stupid just having to discuss this with you. His friend who is a professional cagefighter initiated a fight with another cagefighter. If he didn't want to see his friend who is supposed to be a pro at beating people up, get beat up in a fight he started, then Dida should've tried to separate the two like everyone else did. Dida is cowardly scum and punching someone in the back of the head can truly gently caress them up. He wasn't saving a helpless friend he was trying to get in the most damaging cheapshots possible because if he tried to mess with Chael in any other situation he'd get hosed. You're an idiot.

e- I realized you might be joking. Are you joking?

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 17, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
no joke, only rest

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I don't agree Chael is getting a "hero edit". Nearly every talking head segment from a fighter is either "Chael disrespects us, he deserves it" or a backhanded compliment like "He has been pretty nice to me and seems to care despite being an evil American".

Chael is a better man than me, this whole situation would be so loving frustrating. I can't stand stupidity and Team Wandy is full of provocative stupiditiy.

I really hate that everyone seems to get a free pass for being a lovely human being because "That's just Brazilians. We are passionate." when they all act like loving cave men. You can't even call them out on it either cause that will be Racist.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't see the point in calling someone out on being a bad person when you could probably send them spiralling into a life ruining rage just by saying Ayerton Senna sucks dick in muslim hell or beating them at checkers after getting them to sign a no excuses contract.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Seltzer posted:

What? you seriously can't be defending Dida right now. I feel stupid just having to discuss this with you. His friend who is a professional cagefighter initiated a fight with another cagefighter. If he didn't want to see his friend who is supposed to be a pro at beating people up, get beat up in a fight he started, then Dida should've tried to separate the two like everyone else did. Dida is cowardly scum and punching someone in the back of the head can truly gently caress them up. He wasn't saving a helpless friend he was trying to get in the most damaging cheapshots possible because if he tried to mess with Chael in any other situation he'd get hosed. You're an idiot.

e- I realized you might be joking. Are you joking?

if someone is on top of my friend, regardless of my friend's occupation, trying to hit them i am going to punch the dude in the back of the head without hesitation. it wasn't a sanctioned sporting competition, it was just what is known as "a fight". its not like a ref was going to jump in and kindly ask them to stop and then they would stop.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

xcore posted:

Yeah, I don't agree Chael is getting a "hero edit". Nearly every talking head segment from a fighter is either "Chael disrespects us, he deserves it" or a backhanded compliment like "He has been pretty nice to me and seems to care despite being an evil American".

Chael is a better man than me, this whole situation would be so loving frustrating. I can't stand stupidity and Team Wandy is full of provocative stupiditiy.

I really hate that everyone seems to get a free pass for being a lovely human being because "That's just Brazilians. We are passionate." when they all act like loving cave men. You can't even call them out on it either cause that will be Racist.

south american machismo is real. and its absolutely not good, but its not a brazilian thing or a race thing, its a wider cultural thing.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
also when someone's back is turned is the absolute best time to punch somebody.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

david carmichael posted:

also when someone's back is turned is the absolute best time to punch somebody.

actually the best time to punch somebody is never, you should sit down with them and discuss your differences

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Fat Twitter Man posted:

actually the best time to punch somebody is never, you should sit down with them and discuss your differences

1st AD posted:

Martial arts came into my life to mean discipline and respect , and it happened when I was only 8 years old when I started practicing judo . I see the Responsibility of my ' sporting heroes " who have influenced my career and therefore I always felt obliged to reciprocate being an athlete who represented the sport with the same discipline and respect they taught me when I started almost 30 years ago . The fight between Wanderlei Silva and Sonnen on TUF Brazil embarrass me. First, because MMA is not free violence, it's a fight between prepared fighters inside the octagon. That's what I do . I do not brawl, I fight. Second, there is no more space for a sport like MMA accepting this behavior when the method itself has clear rules for unsportsmanlike attitudes outside the ring . Third and most importantly , the MMA can not , ever, influence behavior where the discussion ends in brawl as if it were the appropriate behavioral model . Millions of young people are subjected to violence inside and outside the school, the television can not be driving this behavior and even less , athletes should represent any violent attitude by uncontrolled , whatever the provocation whatever. MMA fighters must urgently be aware that their behavior inside and outside of octagons can influence millions of people for good and for evil , I chose to influence for good because the MMA also chose this path . Anything outside of that has ceased to be MMA fight and it is definitely not represent me,

/

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Mark this occasion - Vitor Belfort coming out against punches to the back of the head.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

fatherdog posted:

Mark this occasion - Vitor Belfort coming out against punches to the back of the head.

:vince:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

if someone is on top of my friend, regardless of my friend's occupation, trying to hit them i am going to punch the dude in the back of the head without hesitation. it wasn't a sanctioned sporting competition, it was just what is known as "a fight". its not like a ref was going to jump in and kindly ask them to stop and then they would stop.

Hopefully the guy that you'll jump has friends as nice and professional as Chael's were so you don't get stomped.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Regardless of Wanderlei's idiocy Chael made first physical contact. Wanderlei is not a bright or compelling human being, but characterizing the tiny balled fraud convict as "professional" is utterly bizarre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

david carmichael posted:

Regardless of Wanderlei's idiocy Chael made first physical contact. Wanderlei is not a bright or compelling human being, but characterizing the tiny balled fraud convict as "professional" is utterly bizarre

Wanderlei shoved him early in the season and Chael since then has very vocally made a point to try not to let Wanderlei close so to avoid or minimize confrontation. Shoving him clearly backfired but seeing as Wanderlei was getting in his face and smacking his arms around like an rear end in a top hat trying to make him flinch, I can understand Chael's reasoning.

• Locked thread