Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Always the company man, GSP made up for it by bringing in Skarbowsky and completely nerding out on Mike Tyson (complete with reference to MT's Punchout! on NES).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
To be fair, Chael doesn't have "Imma kill you" heat in Brazil, that's more people assuming that all Brazilians are fuckin' Wanderlei Silva. Most people don't care or vaguely know that he said some poo poo about our country, and after the second Anderson fight it's basically water under the bridge because he got ko'ed like a BEEAYTCH. It just works as a promotion thing for him now every time he fights a Brazilian, so it's all positives for the UFC.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Reinhold, lover of Jake Shields calls dida a hero for punching the back of heads. Better draft up a response.

Holy poo poo this thread lost perspective really quickly

DIS BITCH
Feb 25, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdvZMRFy2B0

Bundt Cake posted:

I think people like Chael because they relate to being hated by everyone

People like Chael because they can relate to sounding like database from the Simpsons and always letting their dad down spectacularly

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Borrachinha got so gassed that he flopped on his face after blowing a single leg attempt :laugh:

Also, you could totally tell that Lyoto fractured his leg or foot off that checked kick, the dude winced and moved like poo poo for the rest of the fight.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
That was a gas out worthy of TUF's heavyweight edition.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Despite Lyoto messing up his leg he did alright. If that 3rd round lasted 15 more seconds he would've got a tko victory. Borrachina was literally not moving. Also the challenges are so stupid. Chael can't pick the next fight now because Wand's fighters were better at getting off the mat after being wrapped in saran wrap...

e- Dana telling Dida to gently caress off was the best part of the ep. along with him and wand fake apologizing.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 21, 2014

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
"The doctor said my right punch is strong. If I landed it on his chin, it would have knocked him out" - Wandy

Yes, doctors totally can tell that by the fact that you strained a muscle in your hand from throwing a punch.

:psyduck:

edit: After Dana yells at them, Wandy tells us that it was an isolated incident that shouldn't have happened, and adds that if Chael provokes him again he'll slap him in the face. I do not grasp how his mind works, but then, I haven't been punched ten thousand times.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 22, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Unless your grounds for saying Sonnen struck first in that fight is pushing away the man who was swinging his hands at him, he ducked under a right hand right from Silva right before taking him down and I'm pretty sure 'he tried to hit me but I didn't let him' doesn't particularly mitigate the fact 'he was trying to hit me'.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Lyoto round 1, Shogun round 2, ???????? round 3.

Also gently caress TUF Brazil and it's challenges.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Holy poo poo that double leg faceplant, we finally have an offensive equivalent of jardine sprawl

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Chael Sonnen posted:

Not only do I not need to be applauded, I like to be booed. I may be the only guy in sports that the louder they boo, the bigger the smile I'm going to have on my face. So you be the good guy, and I remain the heel. And I just couldn't get him to understand. And I kept trying to explain that, Wanderlei, when you have a mob mentality which is what he has, the more people he has standing behind him and the less I have with me, the bigger his courage grows. If you approach me 6-on-1, this is going to endear me to the audience because I look like a victim. And I don't want that. You go ahead and deal with the applause, and I'll go ahead and walk through the crowd that's throwing their beer and nachos on me. I like that. But he was too stupid to grasp the concept.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

:laffo:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No video? No arsed.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

From the same article:

quote:

According to a recent poll, 70 percent of Brazilians said they would back their former public enemy No. 1 against their countryman Silva when the two fight at UFC 175 this summer.
:what:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I bet a significant portion of those are Brasilheiras who could not resist Chael's dancing skills.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

drat son

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Thauros posted:

From the same article:

:what:

What the gently caress

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What the gently caress

Chael is so good he's gotten Brazil to cheer against a Brazilian. Say what you will about Wanderlei being a gently caress up but that hasn't been a reason for them to turn on... about twenty other fighters so far (hi Vitor).

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

He's reached Ric Flair levels of heelishness, it's just part of his charm now.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
jesus 50% of the dialogue on this show is tears

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Man is it possible to score this round 9-9? Because that's how I feel, it was an awful round. Montanha gassed so hard he flopped on his back to

:stare: poo poo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Good episode, but based on the preview for the next one it seems like the coaches challenge is tailor made for Wanderlei to win (soccer challenge). I hope Chael pulls out a Forrest vs Rampage performance.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm not holding a stopwatch or anything but I'm pretty sure this episode had more crying than the Project Runway ep where Mondo told everyone he had HIV.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm not holding a stopwatch or anything but I'm pretty sure this episode had more crying than the Project Runway ep where Mondo told everyone he had HIV.

Why do you know about this

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I choose not to answer and also offer up that there was more crying in this episode than the Ru Paul's Drag Race episode of the season that's on right now where Trinity K. Bonet told everyone she has HIV.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hahahaha

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I choose not to answer and also offer up that there was more crying in this episode than the Ru Paul's Drag Race episode of the season that's on right now where Trinity K. Bonet told everyone she has HIV.

But the real question is...

How many Jon Steineck's of Sheer Genius would this episode rank?

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.
Not that Chael needs a hero edit but it's interesting how they devote production time to making Wanderlei look so bad on a show meant for Brazilian audiences.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

some old hussy posted:

Not that Chael needs a hero edit but it's interesting how they devote production time to making Wanderlei look so bad on a show meant for Brazilian audiences.

At this point in his career/life/mental competency I'm not sure there's any possible way to convincingly present Wanderlei as good.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Bluedeanie posted:

At this point in his career/life/mental competency I'm not sure there's any possible way to convincingly present Wanderlei as good.

Just show Silva vs Stann

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.
P.S. can I buy a Time Sonnen jersey anywhere because I can't seem to find one.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wanderlei posted:

Right on the first episode, he called me stupid. Not at any moment did I go down to his level.

[...]

I called him a motherf***er, but I don't speak English. I didn't really know what it means and I don't consider it a cuss word.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Opening the door for Chael to start calling you Brazilian words he "doesn't understand" seems like a rather bad idea...but we seem to have reached peak angry Wand so whatevs.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I want to do something, I dunno what, to Chuck

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

We need a :brazil: emoticon but I'm not sure what a crying excuse would look like.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

We need a :brazil: emoticon but I'm not sure what a crying excuse would look like.

Brazil nut?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Arbite posted:

Brazil nut?

Churrasco

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

Bluedeanie posted:

Gotta go with the beat up blanka from that one pic that floats up every so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bluedeanie posted:

• Locked thread