Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

So is anyone actually able to find the episode in Fight Pass? I thought it went up 10 minutes ago but I'm not seeing it under the TUF: Brazil header or anywhere else, and the banner ad with a link to the preview episode takes me to a dead page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Oooh, sorry. I read the 9 in passing and thought that was the eastern time. My bad.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

They've got female basketball and volleyball players acting as guest coaches for each team (???)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Fentry posted:

Yeah not understanding that part at all. Also guess this is uncensored since Wandy calls Chael a motherfucker 10 times in the first two minutes.

I'm guessing it's forced cross-promotion with the Brazilian sport channel that's airing this there.

And the Brazil TUF's haven't been censored on US webcasts because it's not for TV broadcast here. The Portuguese dialogue still gets bleeped iirc

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

Episode 4 is up but what the gently caress Chael is dubbed over this is bullshit

e: it's only for one solo interview so that's not so bad

That makes it way weirder though.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

That's going to be a really sad card for Brazil.

Why else would it be the Fourth of July weekend card?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Fat Twitter Man posted:

actually the best time to punch somebody is never, you should sit down with them and discuss your differences

1st AD posted:

Martial arts came into my life to mean discipline and respect , and it happened when I was only 8 years old when I started practicing judo . I see the Responsibility of my ' sporting heroes " who have influenced my career and therefore I always felt obliged to reciprocate being an athlete who represented the sport with the same discipline and respect they taught me when I started almost 30 years ago . The fight between Wanderlei Silva and Sonnen on TUF Brazil embarrass me. First, because MMA is not free violence, it's a fight between prepared fighters inside the octagon. That's what I do . I do not brawl, I fight. Second, there is no more space for a sport like MMA accepting this behavior when the method itself has clear rules for unsportsmanlike attitudes outside the ring . Third and most importantly , the MMA can not , ever, influence behavior where the discussion ends in brawl as if it were the appropriate behavioral model . Millions of young people are subjected to violence inside and outside the school, the television can not be driving this behavior and even less , athletes should represent any violent attitude by uncontrolled , whatever the provocation whatever. MMA fighters must urgently be aware that their behavior inside and outside of octagons can influence millions of people for good and for evil , I chose to influence for good because the MMA also chose this path . Anything outside of that has ceased to be MMA fight and it is definitely not represent me,

/

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

david carmichael posted:

Regardless of Wanderlei's idiocy Chael made first physical contact. Wanderlei is not a bright or compelling human being, but characterizing the tiny balled fraud convict as "professional" is utterly bizarre

Wanderlei shoved him early in the season and Chael since then has very vocally made a point to try not to let Wanderlei close so to avoid or minimize confrontation. Shoving him clearly backfired but seeing as Wanderlei was getting in his face and smacking his arms around like an rear end in a top hat trying to make him flinch, I can understand Chael's reasoning.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Lyoto round 1, Shogun round 2, ???????? round 3.

Also gently caress TUF Brazil and it's challenges.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

some old hussy posted:

Not that Chael needs a hero edit but it's interesting how they devote production time to making Wanderlei look so bad on a show meant for Brazilian audiences.

At this point in his career/life/mental competency I'm not sure there's any possible way to convincingly present Wanderlei as good.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

We need a :brazil: emoticon but I'm not sure what a crying excuse would look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Alves' guy's Muay Thai was on point, I knew things were about to get ugly as soon as he pulled his opponent's head down like that.

And I wonder what Chael is doing with that Pele jersey. Maybe it's mounted above his fireplace like a trophy kill, or maybe it's his new whackin' rag. Either is pretty funny, because Wanderlei is mad about it.

• Locked thread