Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Lloyd Boner posted:

Wanderlei was the one who escalated things from a shoving match to a stupid brawl when he swung at Chael. He was also the one who escalated things from verbal to physical when he shoved Chael in an earlier episode. The only thing Chael did wrong was talk poo poo, which is kinda what his job is.

His job isn't to talk poo poo, he's not an internet poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Lloyd Boner posted:

Chael has two jobs as a prizefighter: to fight and to promote his fight. A lot of fighters don't do the latter part of their job but a lot of fighters also don't get paid very much. To be fair Wanderlei was absolutely doing his job too, he just pushed things too far when he made things physical.

His job is not to promote fights. That's what the UFC's marketing department does. His job is to fight.

When Chael goes around spreading calumny and defamating other people or those people's culture or nation he's not "promoting fights" he's just making a lot of people angry at him. Now he acts surprised that Wanderlei doesn't want to be his friend, as if he had done nothing wrong.

Now consider this: if his job is promoting fights and it includes saying poo poo about the place where someone was born why didn't he do it when he was to fight Jon Jones? or Rashad Evans Did he fail to do his work then? No, because that's not his work.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

Intel&Sebastian posted:

1) Uh, nope.

2) People who are angry at him will tune in or often buy PPV's soley to watch him lose. Which is promotion.

3) Because not that many people in NYC give a poo poo if Chael says their city is poo poo. Brazilians do.

In all honesty he went over the line real bad on some of his brazil stuff with Anderson...but then again those fights were lucrative as gently caress and the UFC is still milking Brazils hate for him so idk. And I really doubt he was expecting to make friends with Wand. Doesn't mean he has to expect to get into an actual fight on the set. There's been plenty of coaches who hate eachother more than these two and they haven't brawled on the set.

1) Nope is not an argument.

2) Or maybe they won't. You are saying this like it's a sure thing but you don't know how big any of the PPV sales are so this is just your guess.

3) That's not the real reason. The reason is because if he did that he would be deemed unamerican and his career would be hosed.

When Chael was "promoting" his second fight with Anderson he damaged himself so much he's yet to fight in Brazil even though he was supposed to since the second Anderson fight. Did that help his career? If half of the UFC fanbase hate him so much he can't fight in their country, was that a good thing for him?

But since this is the internet people say Chael was "trolling" and that is funny and cool because this is Something Awful and it's all this forum is about but in the real world all Chael did was to show he is an rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread