Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Bluedeanie posted:

So is anyone actually able to find the episode in Fight Pass? I thought it went up 10 minutes ago but I'm not seeing it under the TUF: Brazil header or anywhere else, and the banner ad with a link to the preview episode takes me to a dead page.

Goes up in a little less than 3 hours. 12AM/9PM EDT/PDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Almost a soccer kick to finish the first fight awesome

e: actually on the replay looks like his knee hit the floor first

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

The background of Shoe Face's nickname is that his chin is as big as a shoe.

e: so far this is only the first half of the elimination fights. Are they posting the other half today or next week?

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 10, 2014

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Episode 2 is up, second half of the fights to get in

"I'll win this even if they kill me"

20 second tko

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

xcore posted:

Do they normally do the split premier episode or is this getting drawn out because it's going to be such a "blockbuster" season?

Do they pick teams at the end of the episode or will that be next week?

The TV deal in Brazil probably didn't allow for a two hour premier episode so we get forced to watch the elimination fights over two weeks. Still watching so not sure if they pick the teams at the end but I'm gonna guess yes.

e: They don't pick the teams but there's a pretty good reason why. Ending was pretty great and I now know why they have the lady coaches.

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 17, 2014

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I have to admit to skipping the fights in the second episode. Watching sad sack stories for people that get promptly beaten is just depressing. Did I miss much?

You missed a pudgy middleweight medical student fight a Nova Uniao guy who trains with Barao and "Ze" Aldo. Medical student breaks a finger and Wandy calls him a pussy.

Also there was a walk away head kick KO in one of the heavyweight fights that I thought was pretty loving cool.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

When does episode 3 go up?

In 10 minutes I believe

e: Wandy got the best fighter face shoe

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 24, 2014

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Episode 4 is up but what the gently caress Chael is dubbed over this is bullshit

e: it's only for one solo interview so that's not so bad

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 31, 2014

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Shogun?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Wanderlei was the one who escalated things from a shoving match to a stupid brawl when he swung at Chael. He was also the one who escalated things from verbal to physical when he shoved Chael in an earlier episode. The only thing Chael did wrong was talk poo poo, which is kinda what his job is.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Chael has two jobs as a prizefighter: to fight and to promote his fight. A lot of fighters don't do the latter part of their job but a lot of fighters also don't get paid very much. To be fair Wanderlei was absolutely doing his job too, he just pushed things too far when he made things physical.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Kanthulhu posted:

His job is not to promote fights. That's what the UFC's marketing department does. His job is to fight.

When Chael goes around spreading calumny and defamating other people or those people's culture or nation he's not "promoting fights" he's just making a lot of people angry at him. Now he acts surprised that Wanderlei doesn't want to be his friend, as if he had done nothing wrong.

Now consider this: if his job is promoting fights and it includes saying poo poo about the place where someone was born why didn't he do it when he was to fight Jon Jones? or Rashad Evans Did he fail to do his work then? No, because that's not his work.

His job is absolutely to promote fights. Every fighter's job includes promoting their own fight. It doesn't have to be poo poo talking an entire country, but interviews, media appearances, it all counts as promoting your fight. Even if it's just telling your friends and family that you have a fight coming up on X day, that is promoting your fight. Hell you can promote your fights by just being an awesome fighter such that people want to see you fight more. Talking poo poo isn't something you MUST do to promote a fight, but it's a pretty solid method of doing so.

TUF is a vehicle to promote fights. The finale fights between the competitors, and more importantly the fight between the coaches. Chael and Wanderlei were doing exactly what was expected of them to promote their fight. But there's a line, and that line is between verbal altercations and physical altercations, because the point is to use the former to make people pay money to see the latter. Wanderlei crossed that line first, hence Chael's not the one in the wrong here.

Bundt Cake posted:

I think people like Chael because they relate to being hated by everyone

Actually Atom loathes Chael

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

He's working you. Has to be. He can't not get this.

He's the true Chael fan here.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

jesus 50% of the dialogue on this show is tears

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

At this point in his career/life/mental competency I'm not sure there's any possible way to convincingly present Wanderlei as good.

Just show Silva vs Stann

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Face shoe owns I wish he was on team Chael

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Good to see team Sonnen sweep the final spots with the exception of the coolest fighter of the shoe.

• Locked thread