Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Principle Dana being beamed into a conference room or gym to remotely yell at people is one of the best things on TUF. From the clip at the end of the ep you can hear a bit, he scolds Chael and Wanderlei a bit "If you two want to fight for free on tv so I don't have to pay you that'd be great", but you know once he saw the footage he probably gave Chael a thankyou call for how he handled the situation and for creating tv gold. I know he gives Dida a bunch of poo poo as well. I really hope that bitch gets kicked off the show. What he did is such a loving wack thing to begin with but his defense of it made it even worse. I think he should be banned from the UFC period but I at least hope he gets off the show. I looked on twitter and even Brazilians are tearing him a new rear end in a top hat and calling him a bitch.

"i punched him in the back of the head because i didn't want him to beat up my friend" is a pretty good reason to punch someone in the back of the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Seltzer posted:

What? you seriously can't be defending Dida right now. I feel stupid just having to discuss this with you. His friend who is a professional cagefighter initiated a fight with another cagefighter. If he didn't want to see his friend who is supposed to be a pro at beating people up, get beat up in a fight he started, then Dida should've tried to separate the two like everyone else did. Dida is cowardly scum and punching someone in the back of the head can truly gently caress them up. He wasn't saving a helpless friend he was trying to get in the most damaging cheapshots possible because if he tried to mess with Chael in any other situation he'd get hosed. You're an idiot.

e- I realized you might be joking. Are you joking?

if someone is on top of my friend, regardless of my friend's occupation, trying to hit them i am going to punch the dude in the back of the head without hesitation. it wasn't a sanctioned sporting competition, it was just what is known as "a fight". its not like a ref was going to jump in and kindly ask them to stop and then they would stop.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

xcore posted:

Yeah, I don't agree Chael is getting a "hero edit". Nearly every talking head segment from a fighter is either "Chael disrespects us, he deserves it" or a backhanded compliment like "He has been pretty nice to me and seems to care despite being an evil American".

Chael is a better man than me, this whole situation would be so loving frustrating. I can't stand stupidity and Team Wandy is full of provocative stupiditiy.

I really hate that everyone seems to get a free pass for being a lovely human being because "That's just Brazilians. We are passionate." when they all act like loving cave men. You can't even call them out on it either cause that will be Racist.

south american machismo is real. and its absolutely not good, but its not a brazilian thing or a race thing, its a wider cultural thing.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
also when someone's back is turned is the absolute best time to punch somebody.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Regardless of Wanderlei's idiocy Chael made first physical contact. Wanderlei is not a bright or compelling human being, but characterizing the tiny balled fraud convict as "professional" is utterly bizarre

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I still maintain that saying "i punched him because he was fighting my friend" doesnt somehow make the act of punching him worse. Like the main problem with that entire situation certainly wasnt with dida, it was that wanderlei and chael are carny idiots. "i cant let you do that, dave" comes from the same place as the machismo that influences wanderlei to be dumb as hell. Dida is in every respect the hero of this story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
The other large villains are the producers who did nothing to calm that poo poo down if altercations happened before, as well as the other fighters who sat idly by and didnt punch anyone in the back of the head

• Locked thread