Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't know why everyone is so mystified by these lady coaches. I think it's a funny cool idea. Maybe it's a cynical grab at lady viewers? Or more male ones?

Anything that gets us back to the Socratic perfect form of the UFC1 broadcast crew is good.

I can't wait until I can buy a Time Sonnen jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

1st AD posted:

Yeah me too, this will be my first and only MMA apparel purchase and I'll probably regret it a lot.

I bought the first Team Sonnen jersey, I wear it over a hoodie when I want to wear the same hoodie two days in a row but don't want anyone to know. The Brazil version will be my summer garb lol.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

PaganGoatPants posted:

Psycho purple hair guy was so convinced he was going to win...then he lost.

I was real impressed by how skilled they were at not tipping off who's going to win just based on their little profile. Maybe has to do with Brazil as an audience having different tip offs for "You should like this guy".

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Wow this show is going to be magical. Let me welcome you to the Ultimate Fighter Brazeel. I queet. Byeeee.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Watching ep3 now...

- :lol: at Wandy graciously allowing these mens dreams to go forward because he's such a nice guy.
- "Welcome to team no apology"
- Aaaaaaaand a push. It begins.
- Ring girls competition is a half decent idea. Way to go TUF Brazil.

1st AD posted:

Also, are the octagon girl hopefuls also living in the house? :wtc:

Wow they managed to make this situation even worse than co-ed fighters. Awesome.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 26, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
What's wrong with the ring girl competition? It's sexist but no more so than the actual job.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Shoe faaaaaaaaaaace!

I guess this is Chael's payback for a season of completely clowning Jon Jones.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I guess this is Chael's payback for a season of completely clowning Jon Jones.

confirmed

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Someone needs to sit Wandy down and slowly and carefully explain to him how Chael made Anderson Silva a gazillion dollars. Guy is stupid as gently caress.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Wow, Dida is a major loving rear end in a top hat smothered in Brazilian sauce.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/14/5611432/andre-dida-says-he-punched-chael-sonnen-to-stop-brawl-with-wanderlei

quote:

"I’m a trainer and I have my own gym, and I tell people to never do something like this," Dida told MMAFighting.com. "My intention was to separate them, but I had to do something. I acted by pure instinct. Sonnen has a bad reputation in Brazil, he talks trash about everybody, so it’s complicated to regret (what I did). I couldn’t let Wanderlei Silva in a situation like that."

"My intention was to separate them, but I saw that Sonnen was trying to punch him, so in my mind I realized I needed to get Sonnen out of there as fast as possible to make him stop punching Wanderlei. I would never let Wanderlei Silva in a bad situation in front of me. I punched Sonnen to make him stop, but he didn’t. (The other coaches) tried to get me out of there, but I came back and punched him again. I just wanted to get Sonnen out of there."

"Many people called me a coward, but that’s not true. I would be a coward if I did nothing," he said. "I was watching someone that I admire since I was 13 in a bad situation, so I had to do something. My body told me to punch him to make them stop fighting.

"I was hoping that Sonnen would stand up and fight me. I wanted to get him off Wanderlei, and now people call me a coward. Imagine that you’re in a situation like that. You’re in a supermarket and when you get back, someone in on top of your mother, your brother, your sister. Your instinct tells you to stop him as fast as possible. I did the same thing with Wanderlei Silva as soon as I saw that (Sonnen) was trying to hurt him."

"I had to sign a deal agreeing that I would never get involved in something like that in the UFC anymore, or I’ll get banned from the corner,"

I'm not a coward, it's just that Wanderlei is loving helpless and starts fights he can't finish habitually.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Please stop making me want to watch that season, tia

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
no joke, only rest

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't see the point in calling someone out on being a bad person when you could probably send them spiralling into a life ruining rage just by saying Ayerton Senna sucks dick in muslim hell or beating them at checkers after getting them to sign a no excuses contract.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Someone put wand on a victor class flight and just put him out of his misery

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

corillon posted:

Yeah whatever else you get out of the scuffle, I don't think it looks good for Wanderlei in the fight.

Getting injured on top of that doesn't help either. Guess that's what he gets for being a dog-faced Brazilian fuckboy (my new fav insult ever) who goes to work drunk and tries to start fights.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
These two tuf's being on together is cool because Frankie/BJ is going to be a great backhanded snipe-fest and Wand/Chael is just pure acrimony to the point of violence. Do a re-watch of TUF10 at the same time to cover "motor mouthed, nonsense poo poo talking" and you have fulfilled course requirements for Beef 102.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
But that decision was made in response to an incoming right.

And for the record I am happy with that decision.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Talking poo poo being a part of being a TUF coach is the very definition of implied. Sometimes they get coaches who aren't good at it or don't want to do it, and those seasons are pure trash that no one watches.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Kanthulhu posted:

His job is not to promote fights. That's what the UFC's marketing department does. His job is to fight.

When Chael goes around spreading calumny and defamating other people or those people's culture or nation he's not "promoting fights" he's just making a lot of people angry at him. Now he acts surprised that Wanderlei doesn't want to be his friend, as if he had done nothing wrong.

Now consider this: if his job is promoting fights and it includes saying poo poo about the place where someone was born why didn't he do it when he was to fight Jon Jones? or Rashad Evans Did he fail to do his work then? No, because that's not his work.

1) Uh, nope.

2) People who are angry at him will tune in or often buy PPV's soley to watch him lose. Which is promotion.

3) Because not that many people in NYC give a poo poo if Chael says their city is poo poo. Brazilians do.

In all honesty he went over the line real bad on some of his brazil stuff with Anderson...but then again those fights were lucrative as gently caress and the UFC is still milking Brazils hate for him so idk. And I really doubt he was expecting to make friends with Wand. Doesn't mean he has to expect to get into an actual fight on the set. There's been plenty of coaches who hate eachother more than these two and they haven't brawled on the set.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 18, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That and my small gonads

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Kanthulhu posted:

1) Nope is not an argument.

2) Or maybe they won't. You are saying this like it's a sure thing but you don't know how big any of the PPV sales are so this is just your guess.

3) That's not the real reason. The reason is because if he did that he would be deemed unamerican and his career would be hosed.

When Chael was "promoting" his second fight with Anderson he damaged himself so much he's yet to fight in Brazil even though he was supposed to since the second Anderson fight. Did that help his career? If half of the UFC fanbase hate him so much he can't fight in their country, was that a good thing for him?

But since this is the internet people say Chael was "trolling" and that is funny and cool because this is Something Awful and it's all this forum is about but in the real world all Chael did was to show he is an rear end in a top hat.

1) Okay I will elaborate: Promoting a fight is a part of a fighters job, and it's accomplished in many a way, including being a giant dickhead that everyone wants to see the brakes beat off of.

2) It's as sure of a thing as possible with the evidence provided. Chael fought Anderson after another fighter who's promotional standpoint before they were matched up was roughly the same as Chaels before his Anderson fight, Demian Maia. People questioned whether or not either of them deserved the shot at all. Demian and Anderson didn't do anything beyond standard to promote their fights and the reported PPV buy was approx 500k with frankie edgar and BJ Penn as a co-main. At the time BJ Penn was the biggest "draw" of that card. UFC policy says if there's two belts on one card, the higher weightclass is the main event.

Chael and Andersons first fight did 600k with Jon loving Fitch and Thiago Alves as a co-main. I would say beating a BJ Penn fueled card based on not much other than Chael promoting his fight (sometimes in less than tasteful ways) is quite an accomplishment.

Not definitive with all those moving parts but it's not a guess.

3) Well you're the mind reader here so I'll trust you. Not saying what he did was right or defensible...but it worked as promotion. No other American coaches got invited to be on Brazil's TUFs and no Anderson Silva fight prior to his two with Chael were anywhere near as successful.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 18, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Goddammit he made me look at Demian Maia buyrates

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I glossed over that part but you don't have to fight in someones country for them to give you their money. It might help your numbers a bit but I doubt anyone willing to spend the money to attend a Chael Sonnen fight in Brazil (presumably because they hate him) isn't willing to buy a PPV or go to a bar to see the same thing on TV.

Normally people being so angry at you that you can barely set foot in their country would be a very bad thing for any companies employees but, right or wrong, it helps Chael and the UFC. If Brazilians decided to boycott Chael Sonnen rather than literally giving him money because they hate him maybe you'd have an argument but that's the fight biz.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 18, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Always the company man, GSP made up for it by bringing in Skarbowsky and completely nerding out on Mike Tyson (complete with reference to MT's Punchout! on NES).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Holy poo poo that double leg faceplant, we finally have an offensive equivalent of jardine sprawl

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Thauros posted:

From the same article:

:what:

What the gently caress

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm not holding a stopwatch or anything but I'm pretty sure this episode had more crying than the Project Runway ep where Mondo told everyone he had HIV.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I choose not to answer and also offer up that there was more crying in this episode than the Ru Paul's Drag Race episode of the season that's on right now where Trinity K. Bonet told everyone she has HIV.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Opening the door for Chael to start calling you Brazilian words he "doesn't understand" seems like a rather bad idea...but we seem to have reached peak angry Wand so whatevs.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Make it one of the crying flags but with Bigfoots teet dripping milk

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Hahahaha imagine being someone from the USA TUF watching these dudes have drunken pool parties with ring girls when you had people sperming your food, preaching to you or being Armenian.

Edit: That was a cool finish. Great timing.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 7, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Seltzer posted:

Chael has had only good things to say about Brazil when not hyping fights. I'm sure he values it. Pele is a sports icon.

I think last episode they set up a real big love letter to Brazil from Chael. He was on a visit to the house and one of the guys asked him what his real opinion of Brazil was and Chael promised by the end of the tournament he would let them know.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
GOOD JOB PAIZONE!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Every word of that happened exactly that way.

The octagon girls came to their PJ party and one of the guys snuck some pizza to the losing team who were locked in their room.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Goddamn I felt bad for that trainer holding pads for Face Shoe. He was going off.

The promo for that fight was hilarious, dude was fighting mad at Face Shoe for playing grabass too much and saying "What's my dad and my wife gonna think!?!?!" hahahahaha. I don't know man if your wife and dad start thinking you're gay based on someone else hugging you then they need their gaydars checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lmao my gal was playing skyrim while I had this on so all she heard was the audio and she's like why the gently caress do they keep talking about shoes!?!

• Locked thread